Honda Grom banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting here reading posts, It seems like a lot of people in the USA are pre-ordering the bike's for august, the same thing is starting to happen here in the UK now. More stock is arriving in august.
It seems like the original UK stock is running low.
I'm wondering if it's a market ploy by Mr Honda to release a limited number of bikes to the UK to test the reaction to the bike. Once honda receives the back order list from the dealers in the UK/USA, they can make the numbers required for both countries and not have too many left over forcing them to offer discounts.
Just a thought thats all.

I was at the dealership yesterday where my bike is, its still out on display, the salesman told me the reaction to it is overwhelming.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I firmly believe that Honda doesn't know what's about to knocking at their front door. This may just be the number 1 selling product this year. The reactions are mostly positive in my local area. Its a hungry crowd, and they want fed...

I think it be awhile before numbers are verified.

-Cheers

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I agree. This is going to be a big seller. I believe that initially Honda is going to have a tuff time keeping up with demand in urban areas.

·
Registered
475 Posts
The longer they keep people wanting the more people are willing to pay more. Wish I was patient enough to wait to buy from someone who quickly changed their mind about buying one.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Not gonna happen DJ. Those of us putting down deposits already KNOW we want this bike. Used ones wont show up for at least a year and they will be few.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I remember the ruckus buzz. Most dealers got 2 max and there were wait lists, bigger dealers had maybe 4 the most I'd seen. We can only wait to see.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Honda UK have 180 odd bikes and orders for 340 +

If you have your order confirmed now you are one of the lucky ones!

Northern Ireland dealers (3 outlets) only got 6 in total and where told any orders taken now will have to wait until the next delivery that will be Oct / Nov time!

·
Registered
942 Posts
At my dealer, if its anything like how they bring in cbrs, I'll have to wait till the next shipment. Cause they bring in 1 black and 1 red cbr1000rr at a time. Hopefully its different, cause these are smaller more affordable bikes. But then again, on the showroom floor they only have 1 crf50. An 1ea of everything else.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Think only 1 fella in out facebook page has a black one, but there will be many buying them with no interest in the internet etc as I know there has been a few sold!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts