Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
No mods, male. To me it's not worth modding. Too much money for small gains and no resale value improvement. I blast through neighborhoods and can't justify a louder exhaust, even though they sound nice. If I wanted speed, I'd get a different bike. I've owned several GSX-R750s and GSX-R1000s, a CBR900RR, a TL1000R, and even a YSR50. Those are the ones to get if you want speed and performance (except the YSR50, it's far slower than the Grom). The used market on these is comparable with a maxed out Grom, but with 3x the performance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
...the grom is the perfect little bike to mess with in my eyes.

Sure the gains arent crazy but its more about the joy of modding the bike and seeing the small improvements are fun.
I agree. My Grom has been more of a conversation piece than anything for me - and I really like that about it. The bike is already off the wall to most people, even in stock form. Putting your personal touch on it makes it that much cooler !

·
Registered
68 Posts
My bike got it's first mods the night I took it home from the dealer.

Nothing major though, I just really didn't like the stock handlebars and fender.

Handlebars, fender eliminator, and exhaust. Pretty much the only mods that will ever touch my Grom.

·
Registered
16 Posts
100% stock here.

Of course, I've only had it 4 days. And it's gonna be getting modded in short order... But for the near term, I'll rock the stock.
Well, that's over. I am now at 15 days of Grom-eraderie. I de-snorkeled the airbox after day 9. So much louder! Maybe a little better throttle response, too. Maybe a little more HP... But that could just false perception because it's louder.

So much for stock!

Now, on to bigger and better mods.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have a friend with a 100% stock Grom. It's his commuter and he is very happy with it. Only thing changed (very slight) was an additional mirror extender for safety and better mirror vision.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Put up a POLL. Makes it much simpler to keep track.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts