Honda Grom banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what the Monkey availability is in your area. I live in Pensacola, FL and there are none to be had locally. Pensacola and Ft. Walton are sold out. Not even used on Marketplace, Cycle Trader or Craigslist. I'm on business travel to Clovis, NM right now....about as remote a place as you can imagine....and right there in the local Honda dealership are three new Monkeys. Just wondering because I have two friends who want to get Monkeys, but can't find any locally New or used.

I have also heard rumors that 2021/22 production will be extremely low for some reason. Has anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
2019 Monkey/1974 CB550/1973 CB125
45 Posts
We have one for sale, but it is spoken For already. The surprising thing is the new CT125 completely sold out. We had 6 allotted for total near me, all spoken for far before release was ever announced.

manufacturing across the board is seeing shortages in many ways. I could see total production of vehicles in general being far lower than what we would have seen in 2019. I work in Manufacturing as an engineer, part sourcing as added to lead times considerably. I think it will be a long time before we see supply lines return to normal.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thornton's Cycle (Versailles, IN) has a blue 2021 in stock for $3999 and they don't believe in B. S. hidden charges. Good people and I've bought two small bores from them (my 2016 KYMCO K-Pipe and my 2019 yellow Monkey). They are NOT open on Saturday.

Reactions: PensacolaMonkey

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thornton's Cycle (Versailles, IN) has a blue 2021 in stock for $3999 and they don't believe in B. S. hidden charges. Good people and I've bought two small bores from them (my 2016 KYMCO K-Pipe and my 2019 yellow Monkey). They are NOT open on Saturday.
Every dealer I talked to in southern Michigan, over the last year or so, was adding all kinds of "up charges".
That led me to buy used. Very Happy!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Every dealer I talked to in southern Michigan, over the last year or so, was adding all kinds of "up charges".
That led me to buy used. Very Happy!
Same here. All the dealerships down here charge the dealer prep nonsense. You dont want to pay, the next guy will. They can't keep them in stock. My two buddies paid over $5K new for theirs. I found mine used in mint condition with 50 miles on it 2 hours away for $3500. Right now there isn't anything for sale, new or used anywhere close.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Monkey ABS Nebula Red
6 Posts
My local dealer said they had one (2021 Red ABS) So I went to buy it. We ended up climbing on boxes of atvs and motorcycles in boxes only to find out their inventory was off. Disappointed and had to cancel parts I had preemptively ordered. Next nearest dealership is 3 hours away...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just picked up a red non-abs 2021 on Thursday. It was inbound and not spoken for, so I snatched it up. There's one in stock at another dealer, but they want $900 in dealer prep for $5500 otd.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Just picked up a red non-abs 2021 on Thursday. It was inbound and not spoken for, so I snatched it up. There's one in stock at another dealer, but they want $900 in dealer prep for $5500 otd.
Yep, that is pretty standard. If you don't want it, the next guy will. Same with jetskis. Dealerships can pretty much ask whatever they want and people will buy them.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Saw a used red one, 2019, on Craigslist last week for $3800 low miles, gone within days of listing.

Nothing new in stock at my local dealer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I've got 2 (2019 Red and 2021 Blue) for sale in Mississippi.
Both like brand new
See ad in classified section
I just shared the ad on the Pensacola Monkey Club FB page. I haven't seen a new or used Monkey for sale in the Florida panhandle in a long time. It's about a 4 hour drive to Raymond, MS....but that's pretty much what you have to do find one down here.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Y'all think the shortage of new Monkeys is by design (Honda intentionally not making many) or is it that they just can't build them fast enough to keep up with demand? I know jetskis are flying off the shelf so fast they can't keep up with demand, and there are definitely tons of them out on the water. But I hardly ever see a Monkey on the road.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Update ...
Red one is sold
Blue one is still for sale or trade

Trade materials include
KLR650
DR650
WR250R
XR650L

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just curious what the Monkey availability is in your area. I live in Pensacola, FL and there are none to be had locally. Pensacola and Ft. Walton are sold out. Not even used on Marketplace, Cycle Trader or Craigslist. I'm on business travel to Clovis, NM right now....about as remote a place as you can imagine....and right there in the local Honda dealership are three new Monkeys. Just wondering because I have two friends who want to get Monkeys, but can't find any locally New or used.

I have also heard rumors that 2021/22 production will be extremely low for some reason. Has anyone else heard this?
Blue 2021 as of today on Track N Trails website outside of State College Pa. must call or email for price, which I have not done, it is up to you. As Jerry sang, “Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile”.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2021 Blue Honda Monkey still for sale in Mississippi 😀 39154
400 miles as of today
$3,800 OBO

4/13/21
Honda Power Sports said title should be released on Friday and be in the mail.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts