Honda Grom banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Highway speeds seem attainable, but the RPM's are waaaaaaay high. Is it safe to run this bike in the 65 - 75 mph range for extended periods? (assuming you have supporting mods allowing for such speeds)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Look at the ruckus motors. Pretty much banging off limiter allllllll day of every day. Honda knows what they are doing

·
Registered
674 Posts
Highway speeds seem attainable, but the RPM's are waaaaaaay high. Is it safe to run this bike in the 65 - 75 mph range for extended periods? (assuming you have supporting mods allowing for such speeds)
from my personal experience it's no problem at all! been cruising the highway at 60+ mph speeds for 30 min + straight, engine was just fine with it (I think you will get annoyed faster then the engine)
the rev limiter will stop you from hurting the engine anyway.. dw Honda wont let you :D

·
Registered
659 Posts
I am guessing they set the rev limiter to make sure you won't over-rev the engine. You know there are plenty of engines that rev at almost double those rpms and do fine. 14,000 rpms is typical for a sport bike. I used to run my Ninja 250r wot at 12,000 rpms for hours at a time. All that happened was there was more engine heat, but the motor did fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts