Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Ride it like you stole it

Votes: 33 75.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Rev it hard and high for a little while, seating the piston rings properly. Oil & filter change, then normal riding...so revving it hard and high

·
Registered
659 Posts
Warm it up good, go through each gear slowly reving just below redline, then releasing the throttle fully and immediately to create back pressure in the cylinder...all the way home from the dealer on an access road. Repeat same process a couple more times until I have 50 miles on it, then change the oil to full synthetic and ride it normally (hard) from then. 2nd oil change at 500 miles, then every 2500 miles after that. Sounds like we have some experienced bike riders on the forum. Most new riders say follow the manual.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I rode mine hard from day 1 even from cold starts, It was build to be abused! My first oil change was at 1000km. It took me 3 months for ride 1000km, so might as well just change it in 3 month intervals instead of going on mileage. I do like what Aj suggests though!

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Break it in the way you will ride it.

Change the oil at about 50 miles to get the factory shavings out, then just ride it as hard as you want.

This engine configuration is one of the most bullet proof, rugged engines in the history of engines.

Sent from deep inside the Earth's molten core.

·
Registered
45 Posts
6 weeks of ownership and I've been flat out everywhere on it. Just turned 600 miles and due it's first service. If the engine pops, it's under warranty, simple as that.

I have noticed the bike has got a little quicker recently and will get to 70mph on it's own steam. The motor feels far from fragile.

·
Registered
42 Posts
like i stole it ! lol if you take it slow and easy you will get run over here in nova. i have done my last 6 bikes the moto man way .

1 - 20 of 43 Posts