Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering how did you guys find out about the Grom? For me I was thinking of building a Ruckus, so one day I was just browsing around for what kind of parts were available and somehow stumbled across the promotional video. It looked pretty cool so I did some research, looked at pics and other videos. Found this forum and lurked a little, read about the Grom a little more and started to get hooked. Then one day decided to inquire at my local dealership, they said they got 3 coming in so I put my down payment right there. I haven't been exited for something like this in a long time!

·
Registered
659 Posts
I check out a lot of motorcycle videos and the promotional video of the guy riding in the factory with mannequins was a recommended video on YouTube.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was browsing a dealership webpage and saw it on the side of the page. Clicked on the photo and that was all it took! I have always had fun on smaller bikes and this one looks like a hoot. Also the fact that it is current w/ tech such as disc brakes, fuel injection, digital dash, etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Saw a picture an article in City Bike, was looking to get a YSR 50 but why buy 25 year old technology for 2,000 to 3,000 when I can get 2014 four stroke 125. Plus I miss my old SL 100.

·
Registered
173 Posts
On another message board I frequent relating to Honda autos.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I work at a Honda dealership and a guy from an independent bike shop came in and told me to let him know when the Honda Grom came in. Didn't think anything of it. Then someone else came in and mentioned it. Saw the first guy again and said I would let him know. Then I started researching. Found out what it was and the specs. Fits perfectly because I love riding my mom's Yamaha C3 around town, but it is a bit too slow for using daily. My Suzuki SV1000S is just a bit much for what I do. So the Grom fits perfectly. Plus working at the dealership I get a chance to get it for a pretty decent price.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Honda rep showed us at work back in may and i said i get the very first one. and i looked online and el chorizo didnt have site up but then with in a day maybe this forum popped up so i woukd see what yall were talking about and then you guys mentioned the msx125 and fell inlove right then and there. You guys see that guy with a go pro smashing in thailand in mountains and city? Cool video

·
Registered
530 Posts
Sometime in May ... due to my stunting (see avatar) the promo was uploaded on a forum and just had to watch it. I think I got :50 seconds in and paused, found the closest dealership, stopped by the next day (had to show them the video since they never heard of it), and deposited some moolah.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
CycleWorld announced it on May 13 via the net. I called my dealer that day to be #1. Gave him a deposit a few days later when he finally realized how popular it was going be.

Sent from my DROIDX using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
195 Posts
Was thinking about buying another Ruckus or a 250R. The moment I showed up to work one day my coworker said, "dude, I found your next bike." I wanted to hate it just because I wasn't the one who found it, but how could you hate such an amazingly priced little machine with such up-to-date tech?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was comparing 2013 liter bikes around the time of the isle of man tt and saw the grom on the honda website for $2999 and said "f*ck it! Looks like a perfect bike to get started on" put a deposit down shortly after to be #2 of 2 at my dealership

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was looking into buying a ruckus and came across the Grom. The second I saw a picture of it, all I could think was, hell the f'k yes. I wanted a little scooter that would get me good gas mileage and look cool. Then I saw this and thought this was way better.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I work at a Honda dealership and a guy from an independent bike shop came in and told me to let him know when the Honda Grom came in. Didn't think anything of it. Then someone else came in and mentioned it. Saw the first guy again and said I would let him know. Then I started researching. Found out what it was and the specs. Fits perfectly because I love riding my mom's Yamaha C3 around town, but it is a bit too slow for using daily. My Suzuki SV1000S is just a bit much for what I do. So the Grom fits perfectly. Plus working at the dealership I get a chance to get it for a pretty decent price.
Do you guys not watch the Redline videos when they are released?

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
The day Honda released the video and info to us Honda dealers, I got a few seconds through the introduction of it and hit pause... Said I gotta have one and everybody else told me I was crazy when I said this will be the hottest bike of the year lol. Needless to say they believed me once the deposits started rolling in unlike any other new bike Honda has released.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts