Honda Grom banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Purple-green color shift grom
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike came with a 143cc big bore engine, chimera cold air intake and a mod exhaust(can’t remember name). With that said I just removed the power commander V and wBC2. I left the O2sensor in the exhaust until the plug arrived. My question/concern is, when I removed the WBC2, it was directly connected to one of the breakers 15v and had a toggle switch between the breaker and wbc2 device.
After reading some of the forum discussions I get the impression that to run the bike without some sort of tuner with this configuration would be bad.

The other question is why have a toggle switch for the wbc2 and why wire to a breaker? There is nothing else on that breaker and that doesn’t seem right. Thoughts?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Why did you remove the power commander and wide band sensor?

The bike should be tuned for safe air fuel mixture.

Was it tuned when you received it?

Normal to wire the wideband to some circuit protection. Toggle switch may have been to turn it off if it was not being used, such as if a map was loaded an being run without wideband adjustments.

If the power commander works, read up on how to use it, and tune your bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don’t know if it was tuned. Nothing was said to me. Looks like I have some homework to do. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your input. No, it wasn’t random. I’ve been watching videos and reading. The installation guide for the wb2 states that it should be on when the bike is running or it could harm the sensor. If there is no power running to the sensor then remove and place the plug.
Nowhere in the guide does it say anything about connecting a toggle for on/off capabilities.

The toggle gives the impression that there were times the bike was running and the sensor was off. Two pieces of contradictory pieces of information. Since the previous owner gave no information to me, I had to come to my own conclusions. If the toggle is because the setup drains battery, then why not a battery tender?

This is why I ask the question, so no, it wasn’t random.

·
Registered
535 Posts
No harm done. If it were my bike, I would reinstall everything like it was, and become proficient at using the power commander to set up the tune.

The 02 sensor will not drain your battery. If wired correctly, it should only be powered with the bike ignition on.

You may want to wire everything up yourself from scratch if you doubt the previous owner's install.

Go online and find install and operating manuals.

Good luck! Part of the fun of running a Grom!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts