Honda Grom banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i never understood why most motorcycles come with a rather passive horn. i use my horn when needed and i'd like to be heard. while have been wanting to upgrade for a while, with the removal of the airbox and addition of the rpm fairing bracket, a perfect location for a new horn was made. the new location will also clean the appearance from the front as the oem horn will not longer hang under the headlight.

the horn i'm using is a fiamm 72112 which is high output low tone horn with a trumpet
Acoustic Devices - Freeway Blaster AM80S Low Note Horn "F" - FIAMM

horn attached to the rpm bracket. i extended the oem wiring to the new location. i was considering using a separate relay, but it wasn't necessary.

with the fairing attached

view from the front. the unsightly horn under the headlight is no longer exists.

overall, it's a great improvement!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
This is exactly where i out mine. I bent some scraps of metal we had at work.

I had to pay close attention to the correct angle so that it wouldn't block my fairing pole that came with my chimera.

I bought this Fiamm horn as well, but when i compared it to a stock horn, it was too similar.

I went with a Wolo Bad Boy. It is considerably louder. I like watching people jump when i push the button.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
which fiamm did you get? the model got is definitely louder and lower pitch. very similar to a gm horn.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
i bought the same fiamm. i thought it was louder too until i was side by side another stock grom horn...

i upgraded to a wolo 619. the wolo is really loud!

i need to do a video next time i near a stock horn.

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
I left my horn stock because the location of the horn button gets annoying when you sometimes trying to cancel the blinker and accidentally hit/press the horn button.

I don't want to be accused of being a HORNY bastard.:smile:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i agree the horn button isn't in the best location, but muscle memory has been spot on lately.

i ride in congested traffic a lot so a loud horn is a must for me. used it the other day and i'm definitely heard now.

·
Registered
942 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
I know this probably has been asked but can a hella supertone be used on our bike? Do we have enough juice to run that ?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not sure of the current draw for a supertone, but if greater than 5A, it would run it off a relay. as it's used momentarily, our groms should have the juice unless your battery is extremely low.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know this probably has been asked but can a hella supertone be used on our bike? Do we have enough juice to run that ?
I ran dual hella supertones on my STi in the grille and I ran a relay to be safe. I would make a bracket so they sit under the headlight and face the forward to show off those awesome looking horns. Local guy here in the Portland area sells them Safe Drives - Hella Twin Supertone Horn Kit. SALE! Free Ground Shipping!*, Hella Horns and Lighting bought these a few years back.

·
Registered
682 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
My ST1300 and my Grom have the locations of the horn buttons and turn signal switches reversed ... such that I end up blowing the Stebel Nautilus on the ST often instead of cancelling the turn signals. Then when I put the ST back into the garage and ride the Grom ... same [email protected] thing! Honda ... why can't they standardize these things?

·
Registered
127 Posts
My ST1300 and my Grom have the locations of the horn buttons and turn signal switches reversed ... such that I end up blowing the Stebel Nautilus on the ST often instead of cancelling the turn signals. Then when I put the ST back into the garage and ride the Grom ... same [email protected] thing! Honda ... why can't they standardize these things?
You get used to it. All my Husqvarnas have the horn button between the turn signal and high beam switches, so the Grom seems normal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

We are a company that makes parts for the H-D/Indian market mainly, but picked up one of these bikes to use at shows for guys to run for lunch etc. One of the first things we did was replace the horn, you can see our video here. If you subscribe to our channel we are going to have a new Grom Video each week, some free mods, some products we offer and we will be working on putting more product out throughout the year.

Hope this helps someone with this issue. I will have to post the link after since I can't do it on our first post.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts