Honda Grom banner

Honda Parts Direct REVIEW

19K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  mnovell 
#1 ·
Not a vendor here so I posted in this section.
ok so my review is they suck.
Part prices= the same price as others, not even cheaper so no incentive to shop here
Shipping prices= terrible
Shipping T/A= awful
they claim 5-10 day shipping. I've been waiting over 3 weeks.
Go elsewhere to get your honda parts.
This review is to save you the pain I'm going through.

#4 ·
I have a big order through them right now and I will say their prices on what I bought was cheaper then the other sites including Babbitt Honda so I ordered through them .. I have been waiting for 3 weeks already but its because one part I ordered is on nationwide backorder .. maybe you should call them and see what is going on .. that's what I did and was able to find out the day the part should arrive

#8 ·
A 6oz boomerang which fits in a priority mail 5-6$ shipping for $13. Yea they made way too much off shipping.

Im not super bent out of shape but I do believe the shipping cost was over priced. I ship a decent amount of stuff and order a lot too. So I understand the going rates for certain shipping company's as well as weights and rates.

#9 ·
#11 ·
Call your CC and dispute the charge. Most companies will immediately refund your card, especially for relatively low dollar amounts, (less than a few hundred). Let them chase after the deadbeat retailer.

I've never liked mail-ordering parts. I've found it's kind of a gimmick...."15-20% off retail prices", except they pretty much universally bone you on shipping charges, and it's a hassle to get it corrected when they screw up your order. Several times I got a part # that was 1 digit off what I ordered, or only 3 instead of 4 of something.

#13 ·
That's weird I had no problems with them and they were awesome to deal with over the phone. And they were the only people who had the oem tail light. Plus on the body work I bought they were way cheaper the tyga after you account for shipping and they had what I needed in stock. Sorry to hear you got hosed

#14 · (Edited)
Hi there. I'm just an ordinary 32 old year husband with two kids and a loving '09 Honda Civic SI. I used my CC on 1/29/14 to order $143 worth of parts from Honda Parts Direct. I called them 5 days later to check status of my order because I "DID NOT" receive an e-mail confirmation that my order was processed (defeats the purpose having an "e-mail" field to fill out on website form). After no response from my first e-mail I decided to follow-up with a second e-mail 2 days later. Finally, I received a reply the same day from a person called "Larry" stating that they were still waiting for a miscellaneous part from another warehouse to fill my complete my whole order before shipping (understandable, I ordered a hose clip). My order just arrived today 2/10/14 nicely packaged with everything that I ordered.

I was concerned to begin with, but good thing I remembered to use my CC instead for my debit card so that if anything were to happen at least I could file a fraud case with my CC company and get a full credit returned. Sorry for those of you who got burnt on your purchase.. As bad as it sounds, start using your CC for this types of purchase and let the CC company handle any shaddy type of activity. Good luck!

#22 ·
Yeah, i had ordered from them months ago. They never shipped, replied to my emails, or answered the phone. I put in a chargeback to my credit card and they called me back the next day said they'd ship a partial order and were just waiting on one item. They never shipped that partial order either. I'm still in the chargeback process with them. I would advise against placing any orders with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.