Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Monkey
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can’t decide what exhaust to buy for my Monkey, any help or opinions are welcome. If you have a specific exhaust, which one and your thoughts and how loud is it? I don’t plan on doing a big bore kit Or intake.
Option….I’ve been considering

Yoshimura RS-3 stainless full exhaust or slip on.

Termignoni full stainless system or slip on.

OverRacing TT-Formula full titanium up exhaust.

OverRacing Stainless oval up exhaust.

any other to consider?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
983 Posts
My favorite by far was the Hotlap Trail exhaust.

Looks awesome. I never tried it with stock bore. Had it on my 181 2V so it was loud because of that.

Stock bike with just a pipe swap and quiet insert should be really nice.

Never needs repacking, full stainless.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant community Automotive tire

·
Registered
191 Posts
don’t plan on doing a big bore kit Or intake.
🤣

I have the same as Chillis and also love it.
They come with an insert to keep it quiet which works really well.
Don’t expect any performance gains from just an exhaust alone on your 125cc, it’s just for a different look and sound.

On special at the moment @ Webike.

Reactions: 1k9

·
Registered
2021 Honda Monkey
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve been trying to find a video so I can hear how loud it is.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
983 Posts
I used to have a video up but pulled my YouTube channel down due to privacy issues.

They sound nice, lower tone because they aren't straight through plus the header is longer than most which adds to the deeper tone.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Monkey
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used to have a video up but pulled my YouTube channel down due to privacy issues.

They sound nice, lower tone because they aren't straight through plus the header is longer than most which adds to the deeper tone.
Message sent

·
Registered
191 Posts
Not loud when the insert is fitted.
I tried the insert on a few different occasions and it was too quiet for me so I run it without all the time now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had the Takegawa standard style exhaust, nice sound, deeper than stock perhaps a slight increase in power but that may have been imagined. Recently swapped to the Takegawa RS sports, just because I like the look of the twin tail pipes but have to say it sounds amazing. The 2 tails are different lengths so each has different harmonics, also has a bonus of stainless steel header pipe. Both are good but the RS is my favourite of the 2

·
Vendor
2,054 Posts
If volume is a major concern, consider the Supertrapp. It's a great performer, but also has the ability to remain far quieter (or louder) than most other systems because of their tunable disc set-up.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Monkey
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SuperTrap-
I just don’t care for the way it looks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Shameless plug for my used Takegawa STD (video inside):

I liked it a lot, and since you're sticking with a stock intake, there really isn't a lot of benefit to a wide open exhaust. When I installed an open filter intake and a cam, the new intake noise was so loud I swapped to a Supertrapp to balance things out front and rear.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Monkey
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Then that's not your answer.... Yoshimura with the spark arrestor would be my 2nd pick.
Can you give your opinion on the Termignoni Full System or Slip On Stainless Exhaust please?

·
Registered
2021 Honda Monkey
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We always recommend full systems unless your main criteria is budget. There's quiet a bit of performance in a good header....
What about the Termignoni Full System, and good or nor so good recommendations?

·
Vendor
2,054 Posts
What about the Termignoni Full System, and good or nor so good recommendations?
It's a quality piece for sure. While I don't think it's louder than the rest, my concern is "loud" is opinion. We've seen people hate how loud quiet pipes are, and hate how quiet loud pipes are. I'd say go with the Termi if that's your gut insinct.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If volume is a major concern, consider the Supertrapp. It's a great performer, but also has the ability to remain far quieter (or louder) than most other systems because of their tunable disc set-up.
I agree. The tunable discs can be added or reduced based on tune. The sound is great, I have the standard 6 now with TB cam, chimera intake & reflashed ecm. The price is nice also.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I can’t decide what exhaust to buy for my Monkey, any help or opinions are welcome. If you have a specific exhaust, which one and your thoughts and how loud is it? I don’t plan on doing a big bore kit Or intake.
Option….I’ve been considering

Yoshimura RS-3 stainless full exhaust or slip on.

Termignoni full stainless system or slip on.

OverRacing TT-Formula full titanium up exhaust.

OverRacing Stainless oval up exhaust.

any other to consider?
Hindle is the only one to consider. Sounds like a Ducati. And, as noted in the responses, you need ALOT more to start making more hp. BBK, head, cam, throttle body, Aracer setup, shocks, sprockets, tires, intake. Then it’ll go fast.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle

Beams is nice… solid tone, I wouldn’t consider it loud.. nice throaty tone under throttle. And if you have a blue Monkey,it looks awesome… my biased opinion..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts