Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Ahhhh schnaaap! Nothing beats the adrenaline rush of a boosted bike!

I have a bad addiction with turbo'd toys so as much as I hope this does happen, I kinda hope it doesn't so I'm not tempted haha.

·
Registered
294 Posts
A turbo would be neat... i actually have one of those teensy turbos here i could play with :p ... its gonna suffer the same issues that any other small motor has with a turbo though.... crappy oiling system relative to what a turbo NEEDS (which means external system), and of course lack of displacement to spool the thing up properly... So definitely a big bore/stroke will also need to be done to make the most of it, and have it be more than just a noise-maker...

But.... yes... a turbo Grom would be awesome... I'll call mine 'Grombo'... :p hahaha!

·
Registered
230 Posts
A turbo would be neat... i actually have one of those teensy turbos here i could play with :p ... its gonna suffer the same issues that any other small motor has with a turbo though.... crappy oiling system relative to what a turbo NEEDS (which means external system), and of course lack of displacement to spool the thing up properly... So definitely a big bore/stroke will also need to be done to make the most of it, and have it be more than just a noise-maker...

But.... yes... a turbo Grom would be awesome... I'll call mine 'Grombo'... :p hahaha!
It's like... a Grom, mixed with a Turbo, and Rambo... LOL! :)

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Somebody tell me who makes turbos this small, and ECU tuning. Plumbing should be simple enough.
A guy at Titan motorsports in orlando has a prototype turbo from some manufacture that was designed for double digit displacement.. Something like that would be rad

·
Registered
294 Posts
Too bad it has that divided housing.... unless u got a twin cylinder Grom :p lol! Nothing you couldn't potentially fix with a lot of welding and porting/shaping/etc i guess...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts