Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This video shows the available free modifications for the airbox on a Honda Grom/MSX125. The removal of the internal snorkel on the airbox both increases low rpm torque, as well as high rpm peak HP. The change will provide you with slightly increased acceleration and a higher peak speed.

Anyone try this yet?

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Same mod that's been up for a week except Joyridn turns the box intake forward and punched holes the plastic for a sort of "ram-air" effect

Its certainly an improvement over stock but not much, even through you remove the pipe inside the box it's still breathing though the same size pipe, the plastic elbow has the same ID as the part attached to the box and the pipe you remove, you're only shortening the runner

·
Registered
677 Posts
Nice video!!

I'm just running open throttle body currently.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I just did this mod. I'm going for a ride and will let you know how it works. Should be just like the other air mod.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Well I could always hear some throaty sounds from the rear with the yosh pipe but now I can hear it from the front. Very cool got up to 71 on a flat in a slight tuck! Very cool.

·
Registered
674 Posts
any worry about when it rains? i just ran through 3 thunderstorms and drenching rain on Saturday.. not that i like riding in the rain but when it happens it happens..
This is theconly thing holding me from doing this mod already too!! Seeing the video i think we will be safe!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yep, been done lots of times this week ... been working on my GROM

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Yeah really responsive and I got a couple more mph out of it. The sound is awesome.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Finished the mod and sliced my thumb open in the process. Will test it out as soon as I stop the bleeding! :thumbup:

Sent from the refrigerator using HondaGrom.net mobile app.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Lets just say I was a little pissed.

Sent from the refrigerator using HondaGrom.net mobile app.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Very nice video, very informative, and explains a lot of what I have been reading. Im probably going to open a can of worms here but; however, now that I see what the hell is going on in the air box why not just remove the whole damn thing and use the stock snorkel that's inside the air box and throw a K&N on the end of it. Wouldn't that save all the trouble of all of what was just explained?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Very nice video, very informative, and explains a lot of what I have been reading. Im probably going to open a can of worms here but; however, now that I see what the hell is going on in the air box why not just remove the whole damn thing and use the stock snorkel that's inside the air box and throw a K&N on the end of it. Wouldn't that save all the trouble of all of what was just explained?
It will sit right behind the front tyre and be exposed to the elements..water, rain... = Bad for motor

1 - 20 of 35 Posts