1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
honda-grom-msx125-headlights.jpg

vs

GROM_2014_Headlight.jpg

Any one else notice different photos of the GROM headlights. It appears some have a sort of projector lens inside with a halo ring around it while others are just halogen. Thoughts?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I hope here in the US we don't get shafted with the Halogen, if so I think the projector is like $90.

·
Registered
942 Posts
all the pics on the honda website don't show a projector. i assume thai uk asia all have projector and us has halogen. would make sense cause none of honda powersports US headlights ever came with projectors. they couldn't even throw projectors in a the 20th anniversary rr!!! don't know why they would start with the grom.... i already ordered a oem thai headlight to switch out just in case it really does come with a halogen. doesn't make sence why they would change it just for the US, wouldn't that make it more expensive to make??

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
where it attaches to that silver < shaped piece it looks longer than on the UK version.
Yeah, I see what you are talking about. I may have to take it apart and put it in the mill and machine it down. Going to me more work than I thought. Not impossible. Just more work.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The 2014 Grom I just got in Arkansas is definitely Halogen without the HALO ....

That blue HALO looks like something I saw listed on Webike Japan and ebay.

I will just get a slightly higher wattage Halogen replacement bulb when the stock one burns out, and add some L.E.D. FLOOD LIGHTS .

Watch for deer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts