Honda Grom banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Okay, thanks. I will keep tabs on the shipping. If it's not here in 45 days, I will dispute with Paypal. I've order crap from all over the globe and have never had to wait 3 months for anything-- including that giant teddy bear filled with asian hookers and cocaine.
I love teddy bears...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just for anyone interested in these.

I placed an order for these on April 7th and received them today (2 weeks via AIRMAIL). The packaging was okay. They came wrapped in Thai newspaper, taped up with brown packaging tape, and then placed in a box slightly larger than shoe box size. There were a couple of chips in the paint (probably from knocking around inside the box), but I almost expected that. The plan was to paint these silver from the moment I ordered them. Some of the welds are fairly ugly and there are several "fish eyes" in the paint (mostly around the welds). You can see that there is some dirt in the paint as well. A few of the welds have gaps in them where they did not complete the bead.

Like I said, I anticipated almost every bit of this and am NOT disappointed in them for what I paid. If I had paid $200 like I have seen before, I'd be royally pissed.

Keep in mind that I have NOT installed or even fit these up yet. As soon as I get home (had them delivered to work) I will be able to get a good idea of the fitment.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Damn. Thai quality control. Can't wait to see how fucked up mine are by the time they arrive via slow boat. Any interesting things on the Thai newspaper at least?

Sent from my iPhone using HondaGrom.net

·
Registered
166 Posts
A lot of smokin' hot chicks- all clothed though. I honestly didn't pay much attention to the paper. Since you asked though, I pulled it back out and it appears to be pages from something like a celebrity magazine. Maybe it was a peace offering...

·
Registered
166 Posts
20140426_095725_resized (1).jpg

Got them on last night. There was some slight tweaking to do to a couple of spots (just some light bending). You will need to modify the right side plastics in order to keep the silver circular piece. You cannot use the MNNTHBX cross brace bar with these. You won't need them anyway, this piece makes the fairings really solid. GT, did you get yours yet?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts