Honda Grom banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
If the neo cam fits the stock head, does that mean the kitaco type 2 or tbparts cam would fit the neo head for even more top end? Anyone tried it?
I believe Grom Fatherz has run the Finbro 183 cam in the Neo head.

·
Registered
120 Posts
According to the chart, the Yoshimura ST-1M has similar lift to the Koso, but the Koso has less duration.

The Yoshimura ST-1M has about .88mm less lift on intake, with .98mm less lift on exhaust than claimed and 46 degrees less duration on intake, with 50 degrees less duration on exhaust.

That seems substantially different than what Yoshimura claims.

I’m not sure which cam to pick.

I don’t want something with a small base circle size, like a regrind or based on a regrind. I know most guys don’t care, but I don’t really like it when the screws contact the valves at an angle. Seems kind of poorly executed to me. I realize the performance can still be great though.

·
Registered
726 Posts
According to the chart, the Yoshimura ST-1M has similar lift to the Koso, but the Koso has less duration.

The Yoshimura ST-1M has about .88mm less lift on intake, with .98mm less lift on exhaust than claimed and 46 degrees less duration on intake, with 50 degrees less duration on exhaust.

That seems substantially different than what Yoshimura claims.

I’m not sure which cam to pick.

I don’t want something with a small base circle size, like a regrind or based on a regrind. I know most guys don’t care, but I don’t really like it when the screws contact the valves at an angle. Seems kind of poorly executed to me. I realize the performance can still be great though.
At least with this awesome chart, you can compare the cams against one another and know it was measured the same way across the board.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts