1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I like it but I think it would look better without the front fairing. IMO

·
Registered
10 Posts
"Classic Racer" is what they were calling this. I don't even really see this as a cafe. Take off the fairing and it looks like any modern naked bike. However, these pictures are what's gotten me most interested in the Grom. There are quite a few others on the Thai site if you go digging. I wish we could actually see someone sitting on it with clip-ons and rear sets.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
It is becoming clear to me that I am going to NEED more than one Grom. :serious:

·
Registered
257 Posts
It is becoming clear to me that I am going to NEED more than one Grom. :serious:
Wife agreed we may need 2 also so we decided on black for this year and share it, then white if available next year or buy red and then all the white pieces since her favorite bike color is white.

:hello2:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. I was contemplating getting a cb500f in January but I may just get another grom for my daughter. That will give me about 5 years to mess with it till she is old enough to ride it lol.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Mmmmmm... that would be a tuff one for me. Right now, I would probably go with the second Grom because my daughter is old enough to ride with me. But if she was little I would probably go with the CB500F. I REALLY like the CB500F. They had one on the floor at my local dealer for about a day. Those pretty much sell and quickly as they come in - both the R and the F.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I sat on the R and it was nice but I like the higher bars on the F. The white is so nice looking I may just go with the f.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I just wish there were more naked bike options near me. All I could find was the 500f and the Yamaha.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I sat on the R and it was nice but I like the higher bars on the F. The white is so nice looking I may just go with the f.
I did not sit on the R but was told the bars are only about 3/4" lower. No matter, I liked the F better in every way. They had a black one. I am looking forward to seeing it in white. However, I really don't need that sort of temptation.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I'm not sure the exact difference but when I sat on both it is noticeably different.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I'm not sure the exact difference but when I sat on both it is noticeably different.
Im not surprised. Sometimes it does not take much to make a huge difference in feel. I never even sat on the R. Just not interested in sport bikes with fairings any more.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Im not surprised. Sometimes it does not take much to make a huge difference in feel. I never even sat on the R. Just not interested in sport bikes with fairings any more.
I'm the same way. The naked bike is way more appealing to me now a days.

·
Registered
475 Posts
We definitely think alike!! Or just keep building my CB125 as my cafe and keep the Grom for other runs!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
We definitely think alike!! Or just keep building my CB125 as my cafe and keep the Grom for other runs!
Wait, I was pretty sure that in another thread you agreed to allow me to store and ride the CB because you don't have room for two bikes.:cool2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts