Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Honda Grom won't be released for at least a couple of months here in the US but that hasn't stopped customers from putting down deposits. In fact, based on our research this appears to be on of the most hotly anticipated motorcycles Honda has released in a long time. We've talked to a few dealerships and every one of them has taken multiple deposits for the Honda Grom. In fact, some of the more extreme dealerships have deposit lists 9 deep. We just got word from one of the dealerships that Honda has sent out a monthly dealer update and notified them that the Honda Grom will initially have 'Extremely limited quantity' -- our source told us this is the first time they've seen Honda say anything like this.

We wonder if Honda knows they have a hit on their hands and they just want to make sure that everyone realizes its going to be a bit of a wait. Surely they've heard feedback from their dealerships about the lines already forming for this unique bike. Our 'unofficial' deposit list here at HondaGrom.net already has over 116 (and counting!) deposits: http://www.hondagrom.net/forums/7-grom-talk/14-official-i-put-my-deposit-down-honda-grom-thread.html

If you haven't placed your deposit yet -- better do so if you want to get one anytime soon!

(Click image above for full size image).

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm #3 on my dealership list... well, between #3 and #5 depending on who's going to fight who at the office here. I think i'll get one in the first batch ;)
So lucky...I'm really thinking mine won't happen until the 2nd batch...the buddy I talked to said he's put a few names on that list.

·
Registered
530 Posts
As long as my dealer wasn't lying to me, I was #1 in May when I put my money down and should see one in August!

Reactions: El Chorizo

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm safe...just called to confirm and they assured me I'd get one. At least that's what they are telling me :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
I am #1 on my dealer's list, but... how do I tell if they are power dealers or not? Does it matter if I'm first in line? ERGH!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks, I did a search before on the website and didn't come up with anything. Just figured out that all the power dealerships are out of my area. Oh well. I guess that's why it didn't show up for me before.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Probably going to take longer to get a used one that it will to get a knew one, unless you want to pay an inflated price to a scalper.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Or this could very easily be a retail ploy to keep the price at MSRP something akin to what Apple does with Iphones or how new game consoles are sold. Kawasaki tried this with the Ninja 300 and it worked for a month or so, but then they started making deals when people figured out there really were bikes available. Maybe this is different, but I won't buy a Grom until I can get one for my price. I managed to buy 2 Ninja 300s well under MSRP. One I bought for $5300 out the door and the first one for $5380. Some people were paying $5800 for the same bike. Maybe we should talk about what a good out the door (OTD) price would be. That's cash sale, taxes, title, registration, inspection, shipping, origination fee, destination fee, dealer prep....everything their little heads can dream up to stiff you in other words, except insurance. In Texas, a good price would be $3500 OTD. We have an 8.25% sales tax and license and regis. costs $138. Do what you want of course, but if you pay MSRP plus all the other add ons, you might be paying over $4000 which is much too much, unless of course you want a Grom so much you will overpay. BTW, ALWAYS talk to a salesman/dealer in terms of out the door price when you negotiate, and have them throw in something...free helmet, riding jacket, free oil filters, oil changes....something. All you seasoned consumers know this, but new buyers may not. Yes, if you are not careful, you could pay way more than you have to. Costco members should check to see if the Grom is eligible for the gift card and price reduction too. Several people saved some money on the Ninja 300 through Costco and did even a little better than me with a couple reporting they got the bike for $5200 plus a $250 gift card. I'm not a Costco member. Anyway don't part with your hard-earned money so easily. LOL

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm #1 at my dealer. And should be able to get it at my employee discount price. And do the set up myself to save even more $$$.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Im #1 at my dealer and if you send me $10,000 in the next 60 seconds I will (think about) giving youthe right to buy MY GROM!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts