Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This complete Honda Grom 4V Head kit and 170cc Big Bore kit is the perfect add‑on for all horsepower enthusiast looking for performance!
All parts are made from High‑quality components for reliability and durability that allow you to put your mind at ease and ride with confidence.

It includes :

• 170cc ceramic coated cylinder
  • forged piston
  • performance camshaft
  • crankshaft bearing
  • rocker arms
  • 4 valve cylinder head
  • intake manifold
  • gaskets
  • and more

2015-11-11_HONDA-GROM_Big-Bore-kit-04.jpg

Part number:
MB623003

Also available in 4V Cylinder Head kit only.
Part number: MB623000

·
Registered
388 Posts
What is included in the complete kit? What about the fuel management? Stock ecu? What is the exhaust requirements/ recommendations?is an oil cooler required? Lots of questions left UN answered with this post and your advertising.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Fuel management will be needed and I bet an oil cooler would be helpful. Exhaust would probably need to be a 28mm header piping or bigger. The gasket and port look huge compared to stock.

·
Registered
226 Posts
How much hp?

Who wants to be the test pilot/guinea pig??

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
Fuel management will be needed and I bet an oil cooler would be helpful. Exhaust would probably need to be a 28mm header piping or bigger. The gasket and port look huge compared to stock.
Funny guy! Love you long time we need to get together this winter and plan a little grom scavanger hunt for next spring.

·
Registered
388 Posts
How much hp?

Who wants to be the test pilot/guinea pig??

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
Dyno sheets call for 22HP. I'd gladly pig it it they wanna cut me a deal. If not I'll wait for some others to test the waters.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Dyno sheets call for 22HP. I'd gladly pig it it they wanna cut me a deal. If not I'll wait for some others to test the waters.
I've been waiting to test this kit out for some time, ever since I saw it on the Honda 4MINI GROM X Msx-Tw facebook page. They have a vid of it running (with an endurance 170cc cylinder - which is probably the same), certainly goes well. Just need to decide on which fuel controller to go with....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
We are expecting them today so this weekend they should be available for sale. For those who wants to place orders pls email us to [email protected] and mentionned that you are apart of the HondaGrom.net community and you will get a 10% discount on your order!

The 170cc kit with 4valves head included everything you saw on the picture. No fuel management is needed. We strongly recommend the following additional parts you might already have :
DY623013 : 34mm throttle body
DP623001 : 30.5 to 34 intake manifold
DM623000 & DM623K10 : connecting tube & rubber intake
DK623000 : Hurricane air filter
BA003214 : mini 3 Air/Fuel ratio (optional top-clamp available)
Bigger injectors & hi-flow oil pump are also suggested

·
Banned
489 Posts
Only thing I can think of is they have a different injector that utilizes the duty cycle of the Factory ECU as is. With that and better efficiency possibly in the combustion chamber they are not seeing the need for other electronics to mess with things.

Just a thought, I'd still like to see their explanation. And what kind of warranty are they offering?

Reactions: Scoobs
218 Posts
It's common with the Zuma big bores to include a properly sized fuel injector eliminating the need for a tuner, idk if this is possible on a Grom though
I was thinking the same thing,... If you throw on a pcx150 injector with this kit will the stock ecu automatically flow more fuel through the bigger injectors nozzle?

I am still very interested in the Finbro carburetor adaptor. It seems most modders are picking the PCX 150 injector as a one size fits all solution from 170cc to 235cc kits. But with a carburetor you have much more options with jetting sizes.
I think the 235cc kit really needs something bigger then a pcx 150 injector, but who knows maybe those standalone ECU's can really push a ton more gas through that pcx 150 injector.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I guess with a larger injector the mix might be good enough to not blow the motor, but I am pretty sure you'll still need a tuner to get the right AFR. The stock duty cycle would remain and the stock ecu would still try to hit a 14.7 afr when it goes into closed loop.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am afraid that topicstarter is more a seller than a engine builder/mapper. Not to use a fuel controller on this setup and run on 14.7 afr- not a good idea, imho.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am afraid that topicstarter is more a seller than a engine builder/mapper. Not to use a fuel controller on this setup and run on 14.7 afr- not a good idea, imho.
I agree, I think the Koso product is top notch and I'm excited to see more 4 valve tech coming along. I just think they need to rethink putting some info like that out there. I'd hate to see a good product get a bad reputation if it starts just getting burned up by bad tunes or lack there of.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts