Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think Honda will offer any type of Financing incentives or at least a good interest rate for those that can't pay cash for the Grom?

·
Registered
677 Posts
ill have my finance lady call in and see if i can get a tier bump when i do mine. since i work for honda (acura) I should be able to get a bump. they've done it with my other 4 loans to date through american honda

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Do you think Honda will offer any type of Financing incentives or at least a good interest rate for those that can't pay cash for the Grom?
No I don't. They will sell every single one that make. No need to do anything special.

·
Registered
530 Posts
+18 on all the comments ... there will be no such thing as special introductory deals on this thing

·
Registered
325 Posts
ill have my finance lady call in and see if i can get a tier bump when i do mine. since i work for honda (acura) I should be able to get a bump. they've done it with my other 4 loans to date through american honda
I got a tier bump on my elite after paying off my crf50

·
Registered
457 Posts
What the hell is a tier bump. Just better rates. More money approved. And mertechperformance how much did u go up after 50. Cuz i too just building up credit from nothing to hondas beginer program. Just payed off 2012 crf50 year and 5 months later.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I went from 7.9 percent to 5.9 so a full tier. best they were doing was 3.9. or maybe i went from 59 to 3.9, who knows. but yeah a whole tier. the tiers are for bad, moderate, decent, good, excellent credit ratings.

·
Registered
325 Posts
well then sounds like your income is too low, or debt to income ratio is too high. and or lowish credit score. either way if your situation has improved at all or stayed the same it'll be no problem for you to finance a Grom.

·
Registered
457 Posts
No credit only fifty as history. They said no prob on grom i can get that. Talked to the honda rep the day they can talk about the grom, cuz i ws gunna get the crf110 to keep building up credit. But nope grom here i come.

·
Registered
325 Posts
perfection!. and yeah, Installment loans is one of if not THE best way to build credit!

·
Registered
325 Posts
FUCK no. getting a card and using it for monthly expenses then paying it off is good but a few years of installment loan is better. same amount owed every month, larger loan with ability for bank to seize property.

After going bankrupt I've been spending as much time learning as possible.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Do you think this is a good deal?

2.99% Fixed APR on On-Road Models

2.99% fixed APR financing for up to 36 months available through Honda Financial Services for customers who qualify for super preferred credit tier. Payment example: 36 monthly payments of $29.08 for each $1000 financed. Not all buyers may qualify. Higher rates apply for buyers with lower credit ratings. Check with Honda dealer for complete details.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Yes, that financing offer is solid. I financed a little over $1,700 for 24 months and my interest is approximately $56. I could have paid the whole thing cash but I am trying to build my credit and $56 is a small price to pay. You do have to be top tier to qualify though. They will probably open with an interest rate around 6.99%, decline that and offer to pay cash since the interest rate is too high. They should "see what they can do" and come back with the 2.99% as long as you are top tier.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Yes, that financing offer is solid. I financed a little over $1,700 for 24 months and my interest is approximately $56. I could have paid the whole thing cash but I am trying to build my credit and $56 is a small price to pay. You do have to be top tier to qualify though. They will probably open with an interest rate around 6.99%, decline that and offer to pay cash since the interest rate is too high. They should "see what they can do" and come back with the 2.99% as long as you are top tier.
Isn't the honda financing actually a honda credit card? That's what they tried to give me when I was short like 500ish cause I gave in on the price for my 12' cbr. I was like oh that's a credit card app. No no no, I don't need another credit card on my name, ill jus swipe the rest on my card.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
At my dealership I don't do the financing side, but I don't think Honda is a credit card. I think Honda just has the loan option and Yamaha has an installment loan and a credit card. Could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Isn't the honda financing actually a honda credit card? That's what they tried to give me when I was short like 500ish cause I gave in on the price for my 12' cbr. I was like oh that's a credit card app. No no no, I don't need another credit card on my name, ill jus swipe the rest on my card.
Honda used to contract out through GE Money for the "Honda Card" as an option for financing. Honda also has American Honda Finance Corp that they own which offers installment loan financing unlike the revolving card (Honda Card) and the others that Yamaha, Kawasaki etc contract out through HSBC, GE, etc. Honda started AHFC back in the 80's. They dropped the GE contract about 3 years ago, thankfully... As we didn't have the best customer feedback from using their programs. If I'm being honest, it trapped and took advantage of those people that didn't read the fine writing. AHFC offers fixed rate loans with simple interest, the BEST Powersports industry financing by far.

If you guys would like, I'll cover all of the rates and tiers for you guys so that you can be "in the know" when you walk in to finance your Grom.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts