Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Same thing happened with the Subaru BRZ. I got one of the first ones in Arizona and I gotta admit it was tempting to get an extra $10k for no apparent reason; but, alas, I love my BRZ so I kept it

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
STI >> BRZ

All kidding aside, if this bike sells at that amount, I might think about getting mine up for sale. I like my Grom. I don't love it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
STI >> BRZ
Not when buying insurance :) Had the STI, couldn't behave appropriately

I've got a couple friends that work in the industry and they say Honda seriously underestimated demand and that there are some dealers 40 deposits deep that are calling people to refund their money.

I hear some dealers in Phoenix are rolling them for $5200 OTD :money:

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
lol wow!

I'm interested to see what happens with the auction.

And yeah, Honda had no idea it was going to be this HUGE of a hit. I can see why they shot low # wise though, they didn't want a repeat of 08/09 with all of the new models pumped out and the economy went bye bye which = lost a lot of $$.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I don't understand how a dealer so close to mine is advertising a Grom for sale while I wait. I am thinking these dealerships are just throwing ads out there like a giant fishing net with no bait. I plan to call some of them in the AM to find out. WTF?

·
Registered
335 Posts
And one that I have dealt with in the past has a new CBR 250R advertised for $2,999.00. WTF? But no Grom. I am getting mine very soon anyways, but just saying...

·
Registered
246 Posts
I don't understand how a dealer so close to mine is advertising a Grom for sale while I wait. I am thinking these dealerships are just throwing ads out there like a giant fishing net with no bait. I plan to call some of them in the AM to find out. WTF?
Yep.... it's either "the Grom is sold, but we have plenty of CBR 250's, which is a much better streetbike anyway" or "we sold the ones we had but we're taking deposits on the next ones that should be here any day", perhaps even "yup, we got the groms but they're $5000 OTD" would be my guess.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The dealer by my house sold TWO for $4503 + tax. Third one was still unclaimed as of yesterday, seeing as how 8 people with deposits in backed out due to price.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yeah. That sounds about right. Can you believe this guy? It is nothing short of highway robbery. It won't work yet, but if American Honda can't keep up with demand for the Grom, then who knows?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I would bet dealerships are on the phone screaming to get as many units as possible. It sucks to have people trying to hand you money and you don't have the product to sell.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well, this dealer has a Grom advertised online and yet he has ONE on the way and it is SOLD. ? He has no idea when another will arrive. OK!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts