Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my 2015 Grom on the day that I got her:

I picked it up for $2900 which came out to ~$3500 OTD. This bike is just a toy for me, I don't really use it to commute.

Mod list:

-Akrapovic slip-on exhaust
-K&N HA-1313 drop-in filter
-JT Sprockets 14 tooth front sprocket (-1)
-Core Moto stainless steel front brake line
-MotoDynamic LED tail light with integrated signals
-Motion Pro Rev2 Variable Rate Throttle Kit w/ Domino start/kill switch
-Vagabond fender eliminator
-NGK CPR7EA-9 spark plug
-Black Diamond mirrors
-PIAA 15224 H4 Xtreme White headlight bulb
-Ride It adjustable levers
-LED license plate bulb
-Maxxis M6024 120/70-12 front and rear

My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYKy9kwscDu04HSZPjFIBFw

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey if I can get your number to txt you I have a few questions about the motion pro set up. I want to do it to my Grom as well but would like some advice on the wiring part. Thank you

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey if I can get your number to txt you I have a few questions about the motion pro set up. I want to do it to my Grom as well but would like some advice on the wiring part. Thank you
I used this thread and diagram to help wire up the start/stop switch:

http://www.hondagrom.net/forums/49-grom-how-s-guides/8120-install-motion-pro-start-stop-switch.html

21339d1435732979-install-motion-pro-start-stop-switch-imageuploadedbyhondagrom.net1435732978.113.jpg

with one exception, I wired the red/blk to grey which wasn't included on that diagram but was shown on the included instructions:

9GJkHky.jpg

If you have any other questions, you should post them in that thread as it might help out others in the future trying to do the install. I'm probably not the best guy to ask about wiring, I can get by but I don't intimately understand what I'm doing when it comes to electrical mods. Feel free to ask me if there are any other questions that you have about it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took the ProTaper bars off after giving them a shot for a week, they were too low and just didn't feel right. I'm also using the stock mirrors for now, the bar end pair were just too small and really cut down on clearance going through doors and whatnot.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for posting this info, will add those levers and possibly the exhaust to my Amazon order of other Grom goodies.

My real question is: how much do we lost on power gains buying a slip-on vs. full system. I wonder if anyone has done a comparison.

Did the DG exhaust bolt up with no issues and all mounting hardware work?

·
Registered
139 Posts
The rattle that you mention... have you got the little rubber bit attached to your gopro? it's used to reduce a rattle noise that may be coming from your mounting plate. I get it quite alot on my downhill helmet and the rubber bit helped greatly.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
The rattle that you mention... have you got the little rubber bit attached to your gopro? it's used to reduce a rattle noise that may be coming from your mounting plate. I get it quite alot on my downhill helmet and the rubber bit helped greatly.
I thought that was for... rigorous activities where the camera might somehow accidentally get unclipped and escape. Ive never had any issue with mine rattling, and ive had it on 4wheelers, sprint cars (like a midget, but with the wing), and... umm. idk. other stuff. Nor have i had any rattle on my grom (besides the fender elim at certain rpms, which i just took a piece of wall hanging adhesive putty stuff and jammed it in where it was rattling and its been good since).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Thanks for posting this info, will add those levers and possibly the exhaust to my Amazon order of other Grom goodies.

My real question is: how much do we lost on power gains buying a slip-on vs. full system. I wonder if anyone has done a comparison.

Did the DG exhaust bolt up with no issues and all mounting hardware work?
No problem. I doubt a slip-on would gain much power since the stock cat is still in place, it's mostly just for sound. A full system removes the stock cat which is the main restriction in the OEM exhaust system.

Yes, it mounted up perfectly without issue with the included hardware.

Thank you, I do have one of those that came with my camera but didn't know what it was for. That's what I get for not reading the instructions.

Just ordered the same FE last night. I decided to get different blinkers too just because the basketball sized stockers seem, well, basketball sized on the Grom lol.
Nice, I bought a taillight with integrated turn signals recently and ditched the giant stock blinkers, it's a much cleaner look.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts