Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my Grom. Its only got about twenty five miles on it but it must have a pipe on it soon. The Grom is way too quiet. At about 50mph all you hear is wind. Several times I felt way invisible on the road and with out 165 RWHP to motivate me I have decided that I need to make it louder. I have a Tanaka Trading co pipe for a monkey from webike, its low mount and looks like it will work without much modification. I'll do the air box mod at the same time. That's step one, step two will be white bodywork and the projector lamp. Step three power pures. Step four suspension.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bumper Auto part Automotive exterior Suspension Vehicle the pipe.

Pipe Auto part Muffler the pipe is the right size. These holes need to be enlarged to fit the 8mm stud.

Auto part Vehicle Fuel line Exhaust system Tire flange fits but the head pipe fitting is too long for the pipe to fit. Either I use longer studs or modify the pipe. Humm. Planing begins.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle naked Grom. Black to White. Removing the stock muffler clamp the bolt broke backing it out. An hour to fix a total PITA. The monkey pipe is going to take fiddling. I'm not messing with the airbox yet till I get the pipe sorted. One engine mod at a time. Philips head screws all over are a pain. For those changing to projector head lamps its much heaver than the stock U.S. part.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Motorcycle after I scratchd new my projector head lamp installing the tyga head lamp protector I'm over that part. White body coming along.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For the pipe I'm getting longer engine studs rather than cutting the pipe. The bend need to be tightened up a bit and rotated. There are some threaded holes on the cases that look good enough to use for one exhaust bracket. It'll work but I need to take it to my buddy who welds.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts