Honda Grom banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the looks and function of the high mount yoshimura but one issues sits in the back of my head. How are you going to keep from burning yourself and mostly another rider. Do the aftermarket exhaust still use the heat shield mounting nut. Still trying to hold off from buying an exhaust (waiting for a duel TI) but I may buy one in the meantime. Anyone mount one and run it HOT?

·
Registered
325 Posts
i can almost guarrantee you it'll be dangerous for a passenger probably not for a solo rider.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Carbon fiber! It does not get hot or hold any heat. I used to ride my gsxr 100s of miles get off and put my hand right on the carbon pipe

·
Registered
112 Posts
Good question. I really want to get the Yoshi carbon fiber, but I wish it would mount more under-seat. So I'm holding off until I know for sure it won't scorch my daughter's thigh off.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Pretty sure I read on here that it does not get hot. I think it was in the RS-9 thread.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like the looks and function of the high mount yoshimura but one issues sits in the back of my head. How are you going to keep from burning yourself and mostly another rider. Do the aftermarket exhaust still use the heat shield mounting nut. Still trying to hold off from buying an exhaust (waiting for a duel TI) but I may buy one in the meantime. Anyone mount one and run it HOT?
I have the carbon fiber Yoshi pipe on mine and it gets hot but nowhere near burning off some skin.

·
Registered
457 Posts
It doesnt get hot it gets warm but u can run her and put ur hnd on it and be ok. Me and brother in law were doing wheelies sat night and he was impressed with how cool it was

·
Registered
128 Posts
it is not worth it to buy high mount exhaust on the carry passenager.

the low mount exhaust is better good mid and top range. morikawi from japan.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts