Honda Grom banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up ya'll,

I have the 2014 Honda grom with 1300m give or take with a hotlap exhaust and new TRS Transformer handle bars. After changing the handle bars, I started to notice that when I have my grom in 1st gear, and I give it a little gas, the rpms will shoot to 3k and will stay there until I put it back into neutral or if I let off the clutch to where it will catch just slightly. Once back in neutral, it will idle fine at a little under 2k. Even when revving it, it will drop down to a normal idle. I thought it could be the throttle sticking or maybe one of the cables kinked. So I put the bike into neutral, turned the wheel left and right and my idle stayed normal so that brings me to think that the cables are okay and that the throttle doesnt stick and that theres a different problem. Im not sure what else it could be. I've only owned a ruckus previously which when it idles high it would be a kinked cable or just adjust the idle on the carb so the grom is something totally new to me. Anyone else experiencing this problem? Any help would be appreciated!

P.S. My bad if I'm posting in the wrong thread!

·
Registered
311 Posts
does your throttle have a little tolerance ? it should have a little.
if not, adjust it at the throttle body with one of the 2 screws, it should be the screw in front .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts