Honda Grom banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some pretty fun riding in Colorado, did some 100 mile rides and had a blast. Monkey made it up to Webster Pass, 12,000+ feet!

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
Very nice, I'm a bit jealous, the highest Gromeable asphalt road nearby is only 9192ft high (or low really...) :tennis:

·
Registered
66 Posts
What roads did you take to get up there? I live in Colorado and have been contemplating this on the Monkey, but that little 125 engine and some of the traffic around here has kept me from really heading up into the mountains.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great Pics Mods for Altitude Riding

Did some pretty fun riding in Colorado, did some 100 mile rides and had a blast. Monkey made it up to Webster Pass, 12,000+ feet!
Did you do any modifications to the Monkey before you road at that altitude? I just recently got on and have been wanting to take it up there but was concerned about operation at that elevation.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Did you do any modifications to the Monkey before you road at that altitude? I just recently got on and have been wanting to take it up there but was concerned about operation at that elevation.
Fuel injection would compensate for the altitude. Not like the old carbs

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is what I thought as well. The Groms are fuel injected and have 4 modes for altitude settings. I assumed the Monkey would be the same way. I have the settings instructions for the Grom but I have not tried them with the Monkey. My manual for the monkey says see dealer for altitude adjustment.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for the late reply....It did struggle a bit at the top due to low performance and a steep grade. I did slip the clutch towards the end. It was a fun ride, I think with some different gearing it would be way more fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts