Hicksy's build

9K views 37 replies 10 participants last post by  hicksy712 
#1 ·
Was lucky to find one in stock in Nashville back in Oct 13'
Here she is at the dealership

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Got the Renthal RC high bend in black. Went with the Renthal oversized bar mounts. Renthal road grips in a soft compound. G2 aluminum throttle tube and MNNTHBX bar ends.
Using a quadlockcase.com phone mount. Under the seat I installed a battery tender junior connector with a usb port. Charging cable routed to controls for phone.

Attachments

#4 ·
K&N 1100r install
Didn't realize the fit was not correct. Used stock airbox hose to make up difference.

Attachments

#5 ·
Filter fitted to bike. Used a UNI vent filter for the crankcase breather. Rerouted some hoses/wiring. Relief cut on shroud. MNNTHBX shroud brace used too.

Attachments

#14 ·
Loving the RaceTech fork upgrade. Great around town over bumps and pavement transitions. No more diving under aggressive front braking. Hit a short road with some nice curves and elevation changes. Very good feel considering stock rear still. Even with the vee rubbers. Also two up riding around town with the gf was improved. Best change so far.

Sylvania silverstar ultra installed today as well. Nice swap to improve night rides.

#17 · (Edited)
Gadget Electronic device Technology Finger Everyday carry

More so seeing if this is something I'll be comfortable with. Gonna give it a few test runs before making up my mind about it.
Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Bumper Automotive tail & brake light

Since looking for a set of mirrors, I've had the idea of running a backup cam. Found this one on eBay. It's pretty neat. It transmits a wifi signal and an app on your phone displays the mirrored image. So far so good. Just a brief ride as it was cold. There's only a slight delay. Not to replace over the shoulder looks for lane changes obviously but you can see what's behind you just fine. Wide angle view. Prob not legal as a mirror replacement. So if you mimic this, you're on your own. Clean look though and I'm pretty proud of my install. Auto part Vehicle Electrical wiring Wire Engine

Tied the tiny transmitter into tail light harness. Camera is a one wire connection. Kicks on with ignition. Phone connects automatically. Open app and and off ya go.

(Sorry all I have is camera phone pics for all contributions. I'll try to use a buddy's gopro to show this in use soon.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.