Honda Grom banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all!

I just wanted to take a quick moment to make an actual "Hi, my name is..." thread :)

My name is John Ward, and i'm the owner, fabricator, designer, machinist, etc, etc here at ComposiMo Fabrication (Pronounced come-paws-eh-mow :p )

For the last few years I've focused primarily on accessories and parts for the Honda Ruckus scooter, and have also done some parts for the Yamaha Zuma 125, and the Sachs MadAss 125. My primary "signature" parts are Billet Aluminum Motor Mount Kits, Cool Billet Aluminum Accessories, Open Belt-Drive CVT Covers, and Specialty Brackets and Flanges to make life easier and reduce the need for zip-ties, etc :)

My place here is an 'actual' shop in a commercial location located in the AWESOME mountains of Western North Carolina in the small town of East Flat Rock, which is a suburb basically of Hendersonville, NC (yea, Hendo is also just about as small itself... haha! ... the closest "big town" is Asheville, NC which is about 25 minutes north of here). The shop is about 3000sqft, and is split into 3 sections... a small retail area in the front, a top-notch work area with a couple of lifts for builds and a shipping department in the middle, and then of course the fabrication/manufacturing shop in the back. All of our CNC machining is done in-house, and i also have a powder coating line in-house as well. All the welding I do here is TIG, instead of the 'quick and messy' MIG process. So virtually anything can be handled here in-house.

I do perform custom builds for customers on occasion, but have never been into "doing as many as i could" or anything... i do the builds for fun on the side, not to make a living, so i enjoy being able to take more time, and build something truly unique each and every time! In fact, i already have 1 full build lined up for the GROM (aside from my personal bike of course)...

I am very excited to be able to add the GROM to the line-up of bikes that i'm designing and making parts for. I can't quite disclose the exact parts line-up that i'm planning just yet, but nothing solid can happen until I have a GROM here. Also, any parts that ARE made will have appropriate mileage put on them for testing, not just thrown out as fast as possible just to get your money before someone else... So i'll probably be the last guy to come out with a lot of things... haha! But i promise that you'll love my parts when they do begin to be introduced.

My website does already have a GROM section ( Honda Grom Parts ), so bookmark it and keep an eye out... I will of course be posting here as well when parts are available though :)

If you like getting sneak-peaks of stuff when they start happening, i do post a lot of random neat things to my Instagram, as well as FaceBook... so be sure to follow/like there :)

Instagram or @composimo

http://www.facebook.com/composimo.fabrication

Anyway, i'm glad to be here... if anyone has any questions, definitely contact me. I can be reached through PM here or on Facebook, or you can contact the shop at 828.708.7338

If you use FaceTime, i can also be contacted that way at [email protected] although this is probably the least-reliable way of getting in touch with me :)

Thanks, and like EVERYONE here, i'm very much looking forward to this bike showing up and beginning to work on it! :)

Cafe Risque

Cream Smoothy

'Project Mine'

'Project GourMET'

'Project B.A.M.A.'

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks rkwfxd! I can't wait either (well, i guess i HAVE to.. lol!) ... I'm really excited to see the different variations this bike will be turned into by everyone... everything from corner-carving race bikes, to cruiser/bagger type bikes, to low-slung customs... It'll be very cool! :cool:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
let me just say that John is one of the most stand up people I have met in the Ruckus scene.. Everytime I goto his shop he has something new.. although sometimes i can't TELL anyone cause well u know lots of stuff comes out of Johns ideas.. but atleast sometimes its cool to get an inside look.. but dont ask me cause i wont tell.. :p

·
Registered
671 Posts
Does anybody know how to get in touch with these guys?

I'd like to order things but can't create an account with French delivery address and can't find contact information.

·
Registered
671 Posts
The Facebook link did it, John has been very quick to answer, helpful and clear, excellent first impression!

Koso dash and bracket ordered :chuncky:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts