Honda Grom banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy,
You may already know this, but this is what I have found out in the last 24 hours:

Leo Vince Slip-on's are released
aluminum - $199.00, Retail, probably a little noisy
Carbon - $239.00, Retail, same
Euro Carbon - $389.00, Retail, Makes good power & torque, I have the graphs, not just light weight

Yoshimura full system - Carbon can - $435.00 / $538.00 Retail - seem like a hell of a lot of money for a pipe!!!

I ordered a Honda shop manual tonight, will have it in about 5 days
I spent about 1 hour looking at Cedar Creek Honda's Grom shop manual tonight
Be careful about completely removing the air box, the IAT sensor is in it, put it into whatever your making up as an air cleaner

The shop manual showed me the right sizes for the exhaust pipe, so as soon as the bike is here, (late Aug), I'll build a prototype for the baseline dyno runs.

Intake & exhaust valve size is almost perfect for a 125cc engine
Could us a 29mm / 23mm for a 150cc, but will only help the top end, not bottom end torque

After the dyno runs, the number one priority is to flow the intake system & the exhaust system.
I think I have a good idea where the restrictions are, I need to verify my assumptions

Brian S

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
i cancelled my. slip-on yoshimura. and will wait to see what you come up with :)

brians s,

sounds like you may have made custom pipes for small production runs before, how much did you sell your custom pipes in the past?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Can you post the graph. Who make euro carbon? Will your exhaust header pipe increase in size as it gets closer to the can similar to the Moriwaki exhaust?
Thanks

·
Registered
659 Posts
Good point. If true, then just downloading a race map once a program is developed would unleash some power. This is standard procedure for race bikes. They have street programs and race programs that are available for the dealer to download depending on how you use the bike. This still might require other changes though...like a power commander, exhaust. Apparently the restrictive exhaust is a common way to keep the speed down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts