Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It felt like all day waiting today since the truck was supposed to be here at 9 but didn't show up till 11:30, but she's here and she's mine! First thoughts: The tires are a bit squirelly. Not sure if that's due to it being a short bike, or the tires. The seat is pretty damn hard! But that's an easy fix. It could definitely use a little more juice going up some steep hills. I'm not sure if something is wrong with mine, but it makes a weird sound like a pump is squealing or something, but the sound quites down a bit when the clutch is pulled in. I'm uploading a video as we speak! The bike is a bit bigger than I was expecting which is definitely a good thing. Has a pretty good feel to it due to it's mass. It's definitely going to be a fun play bike!

Transport Asphalt Mode of transport Vehicle Tree Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Rim Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire Land vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
942 Posts
It felt like all day waiting today since the truck was supposed to be here at 9 but didn't show up till 11:30, but she's here and she's mine! First thoughts: The tires are a bit squirelly. Not sure if that's due to it being a short bike, or the tires. The seat is pretty damn hard! But that's an easy fix. It could definitely use a little more juice going up some steep hills. I'm not sure if something is wrong with mine, but it makes a weird sound like a pump is squealing or something, but the sound quites down a bit when the clutch is pulled in. I'm uploading a video as we speak! The bike is a bit bigger than I was expecting which is definitely a good thing. Has a pretty good feel to it due to it's mass. It's definitely going to be a fun play bike!

View attachment 1441 View attachment 1442 View attachment 1443 View attachment 1446
So urs didnt even come in a crate?

·
Registered
118 Posts

View attachment 1441 View attachment 1442 View attachment 1443 View attachment 1446
Congrats!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what?! in san diego?! im still waiting for mine from fun bike. I would go get one right now if I could find one...
Yessir! I'm not a fan of FBC. I don't know of any others in San Diego today, just these 2

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm not sure if something is wrong with mine, but it makes a weird sound like a pump is squealing or something, but the sound quites down a bit when the clutch is pulled in.
It kind of sounds like it's coming from your exhaust. If this is the case, it might be "normal". DEFINITELY get it looked at by your dealer (or more than one dealer) and check back in a few weeks once Groms start coming out of the woodwork.

The reason I say this, is it may be something inherent to the design of the muffler for the US market (or Cali?). Another bike that is NOTORIOUS for a very similar squeaking is the Suzuki S40 Boulevard (AKA the LS650). Look it up; about 75% of these bikes new make that weird squeak-put sound. Some do not, however.

Have it looked at and documented that you had it looked at, and then check back in a few weeks to see if they've had any other complaints.

is there any threaded holes for swing spools/sliders?
I don't think they have anything stock... which is why Yoshimura makes this kit: Yoshimura R&D - Stand Stopper Kit

·
Registered
74 Posts
Almost doing 55mph in 3rd gear stock. The Grom has potential!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
i was watching u shift from stop. i have a few questions. FF to :43 left

am i missing a shift point? by watching the rpms, i see u shifted at 22mph, 38mph, but when did u go into 4th?

i think i missed the shift to 2nd... i have generally been shifting to 2nd around 12 mph... i think u went into 2nd at 22mph!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It kind of sounds like it's coming from your exhaust. If this is the case, it might be "normal". DEFINITELY get it looked at by your dealer (or more than one dealer) and check back in a few weeks once Groms start coming out of the woodwork.

The reason I say this, is it may be something inherent to the design of the muffler for the US market (or Cali?). Another bike that is NOTORIOUS for a very similar squeaking is the Suzuki S40 Boulevard (AKA the LS650). Look it up; about 75% of these bikes new make that weird squeak-put sound. Some do not, however.

Have it looked at and documented that you had it looked at, and then check back in a few weeks to see if they've had any other complaints.
I'm definitely going to get it in asap to see what they say. You may be onto something with the exhaust. I'm sure the U.S. and especially CA have some type of emissions crap that could do weird things. It sounds like its coming from the front of the motor though, very strange.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i was watching u shift from stop. i have a few questions. FF to :43 left

am i missing a shift point? by watching the rpms, i see u shifted at 22mph, 38mph, but when did u go into 4th?

i think i missed the shift to 2nd... i have generally been shifting to 2nd around 12 mph... i think u went into 2nd at 22mph!
I think I shifted to second at about 18-20mph. That was my first ride and I'm still getting a feel for the bike, but I've always gone by feel over speed/rpms. To me the bike seems a little sluggish off the line so I was feeling a little more comfortable getting up to speed to get out ahead of the cars before shifting. That's what I think was going on haha it's weird to try to think back on what was happening.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts