Honda Grom banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi new to the group… looking for help trying to convert my og grom headlight (2015) to an sf headlight if anyone has done this i have a coupple questions i know i need a rectifier looking at the steady garage one. my questions are after i put in the rectifier will the oem halogen headlight still work until i buy the oem sf headlight or the chinese version? second question can i just buy an oem sf headlight and use that and it will just plug in to my exsisting harness i looked it up there didnt seem to be an andapter harness anywere last question i have put an itergrated led taillight and blinkers in with a led realy… will the rectifire screw with the blinkers and relay anything helps thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have an OG with no headlight. It's a beater and needed a rectifier, so I tested a spare SF rectifier and it worked so I left it. OG rectifier won't work because the output to the headlight circuit is AC and a LED headlight needs DC. The SF rectifier puts out DC.

The SF headlight is weird and only uses 9v vs 12v, not sure where the voltage drops... Internal resistor in the headlight or in the harness somewhere or if the rectifier puts out 9v directly from that pin.

Wicked grom sells a harness that taps the brake light for a DC 12V switched source for the people running LED bulb conversions in the OG headlight, LED bars, or the round headlights.

The SF headlight has a unique plug and you will probably need the wire section from a SF to replace the H4, blinker, and blinker relay harness on your OG. Other parts would be the headlight stay, headlight and boomerangs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an OG with no headlight. It's a beater and needed a rectifier, so I tested a spare SF rectifier and it worked so I left it. OG rectifier won't work because the output to the headlight circuit is AC and a LED headlight needs DC. The SF rectifier puts out DC.

The SF headlight is weird and only uses 9v vs 12v, not sure where the voltage drops... Internal resistor in the headlight or in the harness somewhere or if the rectifier puts out 9v directly from that pin.

Wicked grom sells a harness that taps the brake light for a DC 12V switched source for the people running LED bulb conversions in the OG headlight, LED bars, or the round headlights.

The SF headlight has a unique plug and you will probably need the wire section from a SF to replace the H4, blinker, and blinker relay harness on your OG. Other parts would be the headlight stay, headlight and boomerangs.

i was going to buy an aftermarket ac to dc rectifier and ive seen that after thats done an led light would work im not sure what you mean with the blinkers but im assuming that i need to get somthing to adapt the sf headlight plug to the og harness thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts