Honda Grom banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping for help with a dumb question. I bought these mirrors off Amazon that I see a lot on here, and there were 5 reviews on the product page saying they fit perfectly on the Grom. The product page also says they're standard clockwise threaded (right tighty), but my OEM mirrors are reverse threaded (lefty tighty). Am I missing something simple? They didn't come with a thread adapter, but holding them side by side with OEM you can clearly see they're threaded in the opposite direction. Thanks, any help is appreciated.

mirrors.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CHCPT32/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Honda used right handed threads. If they're opposite of that then they're for Yamaha bikes, I believe.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Both my mirror thread also wrong way round

Mission to get taps etc that works in my country

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Both my mirrors are standard righty righty fitment. Weird.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
My left one is right handed. Didnt check the right because i couldnt find the thread start after 10 sec of looking. I also didnt feel like finding the original mirrors... they're somewhere... in a box... idk.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is weird, does anyone else have left handed threaded OEM mirrors? Looks like me and Heino13 so far.

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
The mirrors are m8 left handed but they go into an adapter which is m10 right handed.

Go go back and take the adapter out, then kick yourself for not noticing.
Learn something every time, thanks, that is why I was having problems trying to set my mirrors correctly thinking the other nut was a locking nut and not the adapter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The mirrors are m8 left handed but they go into an adapter which is m10 right handed.

Go go back and take the adapter out, then kick yourself for not noticing.
Oh man I can't believe it was that simple, thanks!! I never noticed the adapter, I'm certainly kicking myself.... Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
zman where you from

Please post pic of m10 adapter

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
zman where you from

Please post pic of m10 adapter

Massachusetts, long way from where you're from! Here is a pic of the adapter. You can see the mirror and thread, which is reverse threaded, are heading into the adapter which looks like a 2nd nut. The bottom thread of the adapter is standard. Just remove the adapter as well as the mirror, and your new mirrors will fit in the opening.
IMG_6026.JPG

·
Registered
34 Posts
Damnnn
Thanks for that

Will have a look at mine 1st thing tomorrow

·
Registered
32 Posts
The only thing not reverse thread is the adapter into the bike. Everything else threads opposite normal. So clockwise is to loosen. Counterclockwise tightens. The mirrors screw down into the adapter to change its position/angle and is held in place by the nut - again threaded opposite normal. Both mirrors work this way. At least the OEM Honda stuff.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
The only thing not reverse thread is the adapter into the bike. Everything else threads opposite normal. So clockwise is to loosen. Counterclockwise tightens. The mirrors screw down into the adapter to change its position/angle and is held in place by the nut - again threaded opposite normal. Both mirrors work this way. At least the OEM Honda stuff.
No. My mirrors, without an adapter, are not reverse threaded. The threads on the Grom are normal direction threads.

·
Registered
32 Posts
No. My mirrors, without an adapter, are not reverse threaded. The threads on the Grom are normal direction threads.
Yup. The threads on the bike are normal - meaning the adapter threads in normal. Maybe I didn't explain it very well. Then the mirror into the adapter is reverse and the nut is reverse. I have no idea how the mirror screws on without the adapter. I'll take your word for it, I use the adapters. I just tried screwing just the mirror on without the adapter and it felt like it didn't even want to go so I didn't force it. I like everything with the adapter anyway.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Grom
10 Posts
This is weird, does anyone else have left handed threaded OEM mirrors? Looks like me and Heino13 so far.
I know this is a really old thread but my brand new 2020 had reverse thread. It came loose while riding and I tried to tighten it while riding down the road by turning it clockwise and it fell off. 😆🤣

1 - 16 of 16 Posts