Honda Grom banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow gromsters,
Im wondering if anyone could help me please, I crashed the other day, stupidly went over gravel, but I didn’t see it the road I was on was pitch black!
I haven’t ridden since and I’ve just gone out to clean my bike and noticed my handle bars are hitting the left side of the bike when the wheel is turned, below is a picture. If anyone has had the same issue or knows what I can do to fix this, advise would be greatly appreciated as I don’t really want to book it into the garage as it’s only just had its annual service and I crashed it two days later!!
Many thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did the forks get tweaked ? If you loosen them up and try to realign does it clear?
Or was the handlebar actually bent?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did the forks get tweaked ? If you loosen them up and try to realign does it clear?
Or was the handlebar actually bent?
Hello mate, thanks for your reply, the forks are fine I’m pretty sure, although I’ve not fully checked, I’ve looked at them and aligned them up properly and they don’t appear bent or anything, and the handlebar doesn’t appear to be bent either so I’m at a loss at what it could be, my mate who also has a grom said that it could be where I’ve fucked the panels on the left side, it could be because theyre bowed in a bit

·
Registered
6 Posts
That could be or the forks twisted between the top and lower triple not actually bent but twisted (hard to describe)

·
Vendor
2,044 Posts
Those bars mount through rubber inserts in the top clamp, one major disadvantage of which is allowing that stuff to stay twisted after a crash. Replace them with our solid mounts and be done with it, or at a minimum, disassemble the stock bits, re-center, and reassemble.

·
Registered
6 Posts
But if he loosens and then realigns and retightens that could be a fast cure until the hard mounts are installed - correct ?

·
Vendor
2,044 Posts
For sure. I'd try the free stuff before I spent any money. (the solid mounts are cheap though). It can probably be fixed without buying anything from us. My point wasn't hawking parts, as mush as it was that the solid mounts eliminate the possibility of this happening down the road.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,490 Posts
Are the bars turning further than they use to? You may have damaged a steering stop.

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That could be or the forks twisted between the top and lower triple not actually bent but twisted (hard to describe)
I’ve spoken to a few of my mates and they said it sounds like exactly what you said, one of them has had the same issue and knows how to sort it and is willing to do it for me thankfully! Thank you very much

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those bars mount through rubber inserts in the top clamp, one major disadvantage of which is allowing that stuff to stay twisted after a crash. Replace them with our solid mounts and be done with it, or at a minimum, disassemble the stock bits, re-center, and reassemble.
Thank you for your reply! I’ll have a look into it, my mate has had the same issue with his grom and said he can fix it but if he can’t then I will for sure look into your mounts! Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are the bars turning further than they use to? You may have damaged a steering stop.
Thank you for your reply! The bars are turning a bit further on the left side (impact side) where it’s hitting the panels with the indicator, I have ridden her today and yesterday and she rides alright although the steering feels a bit heavy, but that could just be me since I have not ridden in almost 3 weeks

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,490 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts