Honda Grom banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive had my grom for like 3 years now bought used with 1700 miles got around 25k or so miles on it.. but anyways lately i get these stutters.. like its getting starved for fuel.. then it will be good.. when its really bad it will fully lose all fuel and the engine sound a little different like its starving for fuel. or flooded.. when do throttle nothing happens.. it will die.. takes a few seconds up to maybe a minute to get it started and then can be normal for rest of ride.. or keep doing it.. really annoying.. i use it as a daily and am poor as hell right now.. jobs keep canceling over covid ect.. so cant drop off at shop but need to keep riding.. and fix asap.. will have money for parts friday but cant pay for labor at a shop will do myself even with limited space and tools ect ill get ahold of some somehow.. but i have no clue what it is.. of course i ran injector cleaner through doesnt really help.. im sure my plug is fouled now.. so i already have a plug coming and a fuel filter.. mine is a 2014 i got after the fuel pump recalls but have no clue if the guy followed on them or not.. is a fuel pump issue.. injector issue. isthe cleaner just cleaning out the sytem and junk getting clogged.. somehow water in system .. anyone have this problem all a sudden and get worse and worse but still teh bike keeps going though it doesnt seem like its getting any worse now.. the problem started like a month ago.. and now its like at its worst i guess.. full speed at 60 then 0 power have to pull over on streets with 0 shoulders.. its kinda dangerous but its not the worst either but more annoying then anything. please help tips if its happened to you or not.. and even your gearhead guesses.. please. thanks. J

·
Registered
817 Posts
Honda can use your VIN to tell you if the fuel pump recall has been performed on your bike. A new sparkplug and injector are both pretty cheap if you just wanna start slinging parts at it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wish I could help but am not a mechanic. You really rack up a lot of miles! Awesome! I hope you get it fixed and all I can say is it sounds like you are not getting enough gas to the engine or a plugged injector?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Wouldn't hurt to pull the plastics off and check for a bare wire that could be shorting out somewhere. That many miles is a lot of vibration. Plug wire could be starting to break down, maybe ohm it out while bending the wire?

·
Registered
837 Posts
I wonder if at that many miles, your piston rings are toast and you've got low compression. Do you have any car friends that might be able to let you borrow a compression tester? You just thread it into the spark plug hole.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not sure i ordered a fuel filter last week.. so this week order a spark plug, fuel pump, and new injector.. hopefully that fixes it.. will update after might be a week or so.if i dont forget. after reading the fuel pump problem that happened 7 times in other country and none here it sounds just like it.. crossing fingers..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
finally got all the parts in.. after a month of waiting for fuel pump.. when i read about the old recalls it sounded really similiar to the problem the original fuel pump was having.. but ya it ran great for a couple days. but today on way home from work it stalled again.. didnt want to start.. after 10 minutes it start i get to bank.. it stalls out in bank parking lot.. takes forever to cash anything so got back out in like 35 minutes it started right up got home.. but ya this is pissing me off.. had literally 0 problems with this bike it has 26k miles on it.. now all a sudden.. this bs.. that i have no clue what the fuck it is.. the worst part.. since its not broke and keeps wanting to work.. every bike person i talk to says good luck.. since its easier to know whats bad when its not working but with this.. if i had another vehicle i would take a sledge hammer to this shit. also adjusted the valves when i had it in the shop.. it needed it but obviously it wasnt the problem.. i think what piss me off the most.. it runs like a champ.. like its brand new.. besides this bs.. its a joke though.. i almost want to trash it and just save up 1k and get a used 250 so i can have something reliable again.. because this shit is a joke.. so much for honda being reliable.. havent even had the thing for 5 years..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts