Honda Grom banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Arai signet q is what I need to fit my head. I am looking at the signet q pro tour in tactical white or the signet q in the Abraham graphic. Love the Abraham except for the big yellow explosion on one side. I have gone through the process of fitting and finding out this is the proper helmet shape for me. Any opinions on graphics? The second two pics are of the same helmet

Attachments

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
EDIT: well crap, you asked for opinions, not options. My bad. I'll keep this post anyways because I went through all the trouble haha.

I love Arai, best helmets I ever wore, but they got rid of the rounder helmets, which are what I needed. My old RX-7RR was an amazing helmet and fit like a glove. My Icon Airframe is a very similar head shape to the RX-7RR, so that's my favorite helmet now. Icon is a surprisingly nice helmet and cheaper than the Arai. The Icon helmets similar in shape to the what you're looking for are the Armada's and Airfram Pro's. Airframe and Airframe Pro's do NOT have the same head shape. I wish I still had my email. I emailed Arai, and they answered with a breakdown of their head shapes, but they don't have what I needed anymore. I then emailed Icon and they also emailed back with a head shape guide and pointed me in the right direction and I finally found a badass helmet that fits like my old RX-7RR.

If you have any questions, those two places emailed me back and answered my questions. I didn't get immediate replies, it took a few days, but they did reply, and were very thorough.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pigman I have gone through the entire process of measurements and having a fitting done to make sure I have the right shape. They recommended the Signet Q for my head shape.

old goat ninja I agree with you about arai. Best there is. That is the whole month that they are telling me it's going to be the best fit. I am more looking for an opinion on graphics.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I love Arai helmets. So much that I even have a sticker on my Grom.

According to measurements the signet q pro tour should've fit my head, but when I tried it on at the store it definitely did not fit right.

So don't order it without trying it on first!!!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I like the first one as well. I'm also old, so.... but it's been my experience that an overly loud helmet is eventually regretted.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
If i had to choose, itd be the first. The second is just... too cartoonish? flashy?

If you could find the first in a tactical type camo, id dig that.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the first one too. Caught some grief around the shop about my opinion. Just figured I'd get a broader opinion

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think it depends on your grom :3

If you have a sleek racer looking grom the first one. For everything else the second helmet is goofy just like the grom. I dig it haha

·
Registered
199 Posts
I like number 1. Then again I wear a solid black Bell RS-1. Before that I had the striped Bell RSD-1 (Rolland Sands special edition). It was a bad ass helmet but I trashed it in a wreck on my Street Triple. Now, just simple black because I will never tire of a single color. Graphics get old after a while. At least my experience tells me it does. Your taste will change and if your about to drop serious coin on an Arai get something you can see yourself living with for a while.

·
Registered
260 Posts

Here's what I got... Came with clear and tinted shields for 150...

Wanted to get something like this as I hear the extra room is nice and opens up your field of view some. Just didn't have my size at time of purchase.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts