Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I plan on buying a new set of white plastics and taking them back with me in October when I head back to Texas so I can throw them on a Honda Grom.

·
Registered
311 Posts
How much in $ was your GROM? How are those bikes made over there holding up?

Enquiring minds want to know!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100563076941344 Heres how it sounds
I paid 70,000 Baht so that's about $2,250. They are a major hit over here, I paid 200 bucks for the yoshi full pipe even though its probably a knock off. The rearsets cost me 100 dollars, and the handle bar, mirrors, and levers, were another 100 all together, I'd say the extra gold pieces were anywhere from 2-10 dollars a piece. The rear shock is a YSS it cost me about 60 dollars plus 3 dollars to install (labor rate over here is 3 dollars an hour). The mesh fin insert was about 35 dollars and is held on by double sided foam tape. I also have a black and mesh air box cover that cost about 25 dollars. The first thing that needs to be changed on the bike is the seat, the stock seat is absolutely the worst thing to sit on. I'm still waiting on a special ordered seat. Word of advice to new and upcoming owners is the gauge cluster plastic is really soft plastic and will scratch when you wash it. So be careful and try to only use a power washer and air compressor to dry it. Also don't use any key chains that will be flying around in the wind.

·
Registered
147 Posts
www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100563076941344 Heres how it sounds
I paid 70,000 Baht so that's about $2,250. They are a major hit over here, I paid 200 bucks for the yoshi full pipe even though its probably a knock off. The rearsets cost me 100 dollars, and the handle bar, mirrors, and levers, were another 100 all together, I'd say the extra gold pieces were anywhere from 2-10 dollars a piece. The rear shock is a YSS it cost me about 60 dollars plus 3 dollars to install (labor rate over here is 3 dollars an hour). The mesh fin insert was about 35 dollars and is held on by double sided foam tape. I also have a black and mesh air box cover that cost about 25 dollars. The first thing that needs to be changed on the bike is the seat, the stock seat is absolutely the worst thing to sit on. I'm still waiting on a special ordered seat. Word of advice to new and upcoming owners is the gauge cluster plastic is really soft plastic and will scratch when you wash it. So be careful and try to only use a power washer and air compressor to dry it. Also don't use any key chains that will be flying around in the wind.
Interesting prices. I will take a set of rearsets please.:big smile:

·
Registered
955 Posts
What do you think of the yss shock? I also have a white msx here in Germany. I am waiting for a 150cc kit, a new head, cam and injector. I should be among the first here in Europe to get one of the first shipments. Have you seen guys over there with the Yuminashi stuff yet. If so what kind of results are you seeing?

Sent from my XT890 using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
311 Posts
When Honda catches on they are making 4000X$3000=$12,000,000 a year selling GROM and after market is probably more than that I wonder what they will do?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No I haven't seen any of the big bore kits yet, but I have seen the POWeR Lab MX-200 module which plugs in an eliminates the rev limiter. Not sure how great the YSS shock is because I changed it within 100 kms of having the bike. It does feel nice and was better than the copied version of the Ohlins shock. It looks a lot nicer too, as the stock shock looks like junk! Here in Thailand you can get shocks whatever color you want from 25 dollars and up. So paying at least 60 dollars for the YSS I am sure it was an upgrade.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts