Honda Grom banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I have wanted a Grom for well over a year having seen a few friends with pit bikes/monkey bikes, and more Grom's popping up on my daily commute to work. So I went window shopping and slapped a deposit down that very same day! I picked up my brand new red SF a few weeks ago and love it, I also ride a GSXR600 and they are so different..... So far I have swapped the tyres for something less lethal, replaced the levers, removed the reflectors, fitted a tail tidy and swapped the stock exhaust for something a lot noisier! I have a few other bits a pieces to fit then I will look at some performance type mods like suspension. Nice to meet you all!

·
Registered
305 Posts
The bike looks great.
You may want to get some smaller front indicators, and some mirrors which work.
I went down the LED front indicator route, then realised that they were very dim, and only shone sideways (not forwards).

I ended up using mirrors with built in indicators.
Something like these were available at the time.
£19 Mirrors Pair Motorcycle INTEGRATED LED Turn Signal Light indicator REARVIEW Mirrors 10MM | eBay
£2.37p LED's 2 x 15 LED Blinker Motorcycle Indicator Lamp Yellow for Honda CBR 600 RR NEW PK | eBay
£1.32p relay 2 pin 12V Motorcycle Bike Flasher Relay Resistor for Led Indicator - US$1.69

The mirrors aren't great, but they are an improvement on the originals.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which tail tidy did you get?
I went with an R&G one as some of the other options still hung the plate too far back and down for my liking. It was fiddly to fit though and some of the bolts supplied were far too short. Eh, it looks good.

Thanks for all of the welcomes!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts