Honda Grom banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Im a 26 y.o. guy without much experience, I've already been driving a Yamaha YZF R125 for a few months, and I'm nearly about to buy a Grom (here called MSX 125) just to practice stunts! I also have a garage where I can do the works on my bikes (as I already did on the yamaha).

I was in doubt about buying a Benelli TNT 125 o the Grom, since the Benelli is 40-50% cheaper (both new and second-hand), but I'm now inclined in favore of the Grom since its (stunt) after-market is flourishing, whereas the Benelli's is nearly non-existing.

That being said, are there any differences that i should look for in the different production years of the Grom? Because if not, I'm probably going to buy something fairly old (2013-14) to save money, and than mod the s**t out of it!

See you around!

Pier

·
Registered
790 Posts
Welcome to the site! I too want a Grom (my second) for a stunter. Definitley go Grom over the Chinese competition (Benelli/SSR/clones and even the Kawasaki). The Grom will be more reliable and the aftermarket is much, much bigger for it.

Besides the obviously looks, the seat and headlight are the two biggest differences. The OG has a flat seat whereas the SF has a stepped seat that locks you in place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts