Honda Grom banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I’m David, 35, living in the south of France.
Long time Honda mini fan and owner, bought a ’92 72cc Dax in 1995 and covered 20k miles within 2 years, good memories!
Finished studies, moved abroad and rarely got the chance to ride it.

2 years ago I moved back to France and thought I’d ride my Dax everywhere like back in the days.
It was kind of a shock after riding bigger bikes to be back on the ST!!!
How did I manage to drive that much in that little time on such a small, kind of slowish and not very stable thing?
Teenage hormones I guess… :big smile:

Thought about upgrading the Dax with BBK, extended swingarm and stuff but found out about the Grom / MSX
and decided to keep the Dax as it is and buy myself a new toy.

After nearly putting a deposit down a couple of times at the stealers I found a second hand one, one year old,
160 miles and white, just like I wanted it.

So from now on you’ll find me on the MSX, stalling every time I take off as I forget it’s a mini but not semi-automatic!
Best part is that I paid under 2/3 of the new price and that leaves me with some money for upgrades.

I’m now waiting on the first shipment from HardRacing… LOL

Thanks to whoever created this forum as there’s loads of info to be found around here on how to use,
maintain, upgrade and love your Grom / MSX!

Ride save! :wink:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome aboard David, there is a motherload of info on the forum. Great links to parts, everything that a Grom lover needs. Keep the Dax, always fun to switch back and forth from old school to new school technology just to remind us how fearless we were in the years gone by.

Enjoy.

·
Vendor
3,987 Posts

Welcome to he forum

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome!

Keep the Dax, always fun to switch back and forth from old school to new school technology just to remind us how fearless we were in the years gone by.

Enjoy.
I'll never sell it, to many great memories with that little bike! :hondalogo:

I received parts from Hard Racing, shippment was very fast! I'm slowly changing stuff, Hotbodies fender kit + front flush turn signals + handelbars and risers + levers + round carbon side covers already make a big difference on the looks. Like it a lot! :big smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts