Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After going through the presentations, here I am on Monkey thread :crazy:

I’m 61. Retired and living in the east of France (Alsace) near german border.
45 years riding. many bikes in the past.I started at age 13 on a 50cc gitaneTesti and have had just about every kind of bike from most every major manufacturer. I Have had 59 motorcycles during this time. I put a deposit on the Yellow Monkey last mouth. Should see around beginning of july. I had to sell my bikes for health reasons but I could not imagine the garage without 2 wheels in it !. Thank you for your welcome.

this model is waiting for delivery. mine will arrive in early July.
IMG_0142.jpg

1 copie.jpg

·
Registered
787 Posts
oooh... yellow. :)
That is the most popular highly sought after color in the US and is well worth your wait to get one.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
oooh... yellow. :)
That is the most popular highly sought after color in the US and is well worth your wait to get one.

it is true that the yellow is really nice. unfortunately, it takes a long time to get one. this one on the picture is waiting for his owner who ordered it in february. I have to wait 3 months for mine to be at my seller's.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I know all you US guys love the Euro-spec taillight and turn signals. I may be the only one that likes the big yellow US turn signals, I have probably never had a bike without them. Nostalgia.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I know all you US guys love the Euro-spec taillight and turn signals. I may be the only one that likes the big yellow US turn signals, I have probably never had a bike without them. Nostalgia.
Agreed. Clear, Euro style lights in the US are so late 90's/early 2000's. They look outdated to me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and I must be the only French to prefer the American style.:crazy:

Besides I will inquire to see if it is possible to change the equipment. I read on the forum a "post" that speaks of these transformations. now, we must see if it is compatible (electrical beam, led ... etc) ...

while I think about it: if you ever want accessories, tools or other specific European materials, I can help you in searches, and even shipments if ever the shipping costs were too important on the sites of sale.
PS; sorry for my bad English :wink:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my wife is furious.
I cleaned the garage so that the Monkey finds its place next to his girlfriends. I told him that there was still enough space for another motorcycle :cool2:

IMG_1362.jpg

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
it's done, Monkey is at home.
as I said in the subject "VIN", my bike is in SIX thousand. it's starting to do a lot, right?
on the other side, the engine number is in the 2 million! :cool2:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how far is America?Not that much.
Next to my house, Germany.

bar, Harley and American cars customer dealer.
Without forgetting the statue. (created in the city of Colmar where I live by Mr. Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi :wink:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ride a Yellow Monkey and enjoy all the waves and smiles I get from folks as I drive by with my long beard waving in the breeze and my Harley-Davidson shirt on.
Good fun.
I am having more fun on this Monkey than any bike I've ever owned. Yellow Banana Monkey.jpg

·
Registered
278 Posts
I ride a Yellow Monkey and enjoy all the waves and smiles I get from folks as I drive by with my long beard waving in the breeze and my Harley-Davidson shirt on.
Good fun.
I am having more fun on this Monkey than any bike I've ever owned.
I like to wear my old track suit when I'm on my grom. Definitely gets some smiles and confused looks. That and I have a chicken costume I like to wear around halloween or an elmo or panda helmet covers.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like to wear .............. That and I have a chicken costume I like to wear around halloween .....
please Mr LordSquirrel,I would love to see a picture of you with the chicken costume...:crazy: :wink:.
and I send you one of myself.with the hats that are found in bavaria ...
Believe me, it's scary ...
which is even scary, I mean the Germans.do not wait halloween to wear them ....:cool2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts