Honda Grom banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a SF Grom and naturally need to improve the suspension. I have looked at a few fork upgrade kits from Ohlins, Racer Bros, Racetech etc but the cost builds up.
Are these kits so much better than fitting correct spring and heavier oil to increase damping? Has anyone actually tested this to save a few $$$?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Read through the forum. So much information. Pretty much everyone concludes the Ohlins are the best choice all things considered.

You can try to modify the existing suspension with changes to oil and such, but in the end, you will fall way short of an Ohlins setup.

Just do it.

You will eventually.

:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
383 Posts
^^^^ THIS!

I have a SF also, did thicker oil and adjusted the internals to give a bit more preload. Was better than stock but still only just barely ok.... When I finally installed the Ohlins, I was kicking myself for not going that route to begin with. There is no comparison in front end feel. And they're under $300 these days. Price in 2017 could have been one of the factors that kept me away originally.....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have talked me into it, I will go with a complete fork dampener/spring kit since prices are so reasonable.
I am thinking to go with the Racing Bros kit over the Ohlins , just waiting for them to come back in stock

1 - 4 of 4 Posts