Honda Grom banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a more powerful headlight? It seems when im riding at night that id be better off with my phone flashlight than this cheap stock headlight. Can it be improved with just a brighter bulb? or would you need more juice to run a brighter light?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I felt the same and decided to run this:

I also decide to get clear lenses for the front turn signals, along with some bright clear led bulbs. Now, I have 3 bright lights whenever I ride.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Lol yeah I've been noticing this too. So much for LED headlight technology, it is about as bright as a candle. Part of it is the color temperature Honda have chosen, it is far too white/blue to be useful. I'm just running on High Beams a lot of the time at night, which helps a lot. On-coming traffic does not seem to complain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lol, I have noticed this too. My flashlight is brighter than the headlight. Since I have purchased a led flashlight I have found how bright it may be. It's a must-tool for your car, in camping even in your house when you forget to pay the bills (yep it sometimes happens) Regarding your problem, you may purchase some auxiliary lights. One of my friends bought them on Amazon, you may check for them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I felt the same and decided to run this:

I also decide to get clear lenses for the front turn signals, along with some bright clear led bulbs. Now, I have 3 bright lights whenever I ride.
Did that module and wiring tuck into the headlight bucket?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I went a different direction and added a pair of driving lights, mounting them via EMGO 10mm mirror risers and 8mm mirror adapters on top of the mirror extenders I'm running on my Monkey:

With these and my high beam I can actually see something.

To wire it up I bought a cheap wiring harness to use as a starting point, cutting and shortening it to fit.

I used this switch to control the whole mess as the one that came with the harness didn't impress me:

To make a nice connection between the lights and the wiring harness I bought these connectors:

It added two pounds of pork to the bike but at least I can see at night.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know of a more powerful headlight? It seems when im riding at night that id be better off with my phone flashlight than this cheap stock headlight. Can it be improved with just a brighter bulb? or would you need more juice to run a brighter light?
Sup man,
Chris here with Cycle Needz.. We have a SUPER bright LED headlight for the 2014-2016 Grom, check it out here:

Be sure to watch the video and see for yourself how a stock headlight PALES in comparison..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you solve headlight issue
Sup man,
Chris here with Cycle Needz.. We have a SUPER bright LED headlight for the 2014-2016 Grom, check it out here:

Be sure to watch the video and see for yourself how a stock headlight PALES in comparison..
Hey Chris that link no longer works

·
Registered
65 Posts
I went a different direction and added a pair of driving lights, mounting them via EMGO 10mm mirror risers and 8mm mirror adapters on top of the mirror extenders I'm running on my Monkey:

[/URL]

With these and my high beam I can actually see something.

To wire it up I bought a cheap wiring harness to use as a starting point, cutting and shortening it to fit.

[/URL]

I used this switch to control the whole mess as the one that came with the harness didn't impress me:

[/URL]

To make a nice connection between the lights and the wiring harness I bought these connectors:

[/URL]

It added two pounds of pork to the bike but at least I can see at night.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I fitted these Takegawa lights
Automotive lighting Font Audio equipment Gadget Cable

I got them ffrom Bens Bikes racing in UK but I'm sure they'll be on Webike too. Not very cheap but nicely made and they improve night time vision really well, and also improve daytime visibility

·
Registered
256 Posts
I should have posted after I made the change but I did away with the light switch for my driving light setup and they're now triggered on when I hit the high beam switch. It's a lot more convenient.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The lights were about £12 via Ali-Express. The clamps were the same kind of money. The switch was £3, and the wiring loom was home made with a relay. The lights are live only when the ignition is on and then need to be turned on as required............a much brighter, broader spread, and can be used with low or high beam.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I changed mine for a morimoto
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Light

This is I believe 20’ back when I was properly adjusting them (it’s important to see at night but just as important to not blind oncoming traffic- a big factor many don’t take into account when buying Amazon/eBay knockoffs or led bars)

Low
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Headlamp Motor vehicle

High
Automotive lighting Sky Automotive design Headlamp Gas

1 - 18 of 18 Posts