Honda Grom banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed the DHM 149bbk on my 2022 Grom. I went maybe 5 miles and saw it was getting hot, about 250 was the max before I stopped and let it cool down but it sat around 225 or so as I limped it home. I took the intake valve cover off and can see I have very little oil flow in the head. I recently had the case apart and everything seemed fine but I’m worried if maybe some Hondabond that holds the case together maybe got pushed into an oil galley. I only did the outer most edge of the case. Is there anyway to clear or make sure my oil galleys are clear without splitting the case?

·
Registered
771 Posts
You can open the top valve cover, hold a piece of clear plastic over the opening and start the engine.

If oil is splashing all over that plastic, you have oil to the head. Or you could just keep the bolts to that cover loose when you start the engine and oil should start leaking out.

Taking off the top cover does not generally show much oil when the engine is off.

The lower cover will have oil accumulation when opened, engine off.

A clear cam chain cover lets you see the lubrication in action as well. Some folks run those just for that benefit.

Are you running an external oil cooler? Those are generally required when going into BBK territory.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually removed the intake valve cover and watched the oil just splash around a little, there’s no real flow. I run the juggernaut 7 row oil cooler and a clear cam cover. The cam cover had oil in it and seemed like it was getting oil but usually all I see there is just splashes

·
Registered
771 Posts
I actually removed the intake valve cover and watched the oil just splash around a little, there’s no real flow. I run the juggernaut 7 row oil cooler and a clear cam cover. The cam cover had oil in it and seemed like it was getting oil but usually all I see there is just splashes
Give it some throttle with the intake valve cover open. Should spit plenty of oil.

Maybe record a video so experts can weigh in? I am no expert.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you running the stock or high volume oil pump? with this setup?
Are you running the stock or high volume oil pump? with this setup?
Im running the Kitaco high flow oil pump. I actually think i figured out the issue, i had an oil port on the gasket coverd with RTV. Now im noticing my Juggernaut oil cooler doesnt seem to be cooling very well. I may be over thinking that though as my Kitaco used to have dramatic falls in temps but that was right by the sensor. this seems to warm up at a normal rate and then hold at about 95 degrees celcius

1 - 6 of 6 Posts