Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm from Hawaii, big island. Might possibly be moving to Oahu late this year.
whos your saleman at kiser? a barry satterfield jus emailed me back with an otd including shipping at 3999. if i can get the same 3400 otd you got, and shipped it myself would be worth it.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any other oahu peeps out there? big island? kauai? damn wish they still had the super ferry!!!! last time i went maui, i was scoping out the haleakala road. and man that looks fun.

·
Registered
43 Posts
any other oahu peeps out there? big island? kauai? damn wish they still had the super ferry!!!! last time i went maui, i was scoping out the haleakala road. and man that looks fun.
Did you check kauai honda yet? I can ask my gfs brother to check how much they selling them up there!

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Big Island would be a great place for riding the Grom. There are good roads on the Hilo side, South Point "Kau", Kona side, Waimea side. Since the price of gas is really high on the Islands compaired to the Mainland the Grom fits a nitch. The only problem you'll have with the Grom is that the tires are so small and they then to slide on a sloping roadway when wet. What I mean is such as in Northern Calif the roads are designed as such that there is a center high spot on a road and it slopes towards the curve or far right side of the roadway as to get the rain water off the road and these smaller tires then to sort of slide towards the edge of the road, this has happened to me when I use to ride a YSR-50 mini-motorcycle. So I assume that the tires for these Grom have better rain design since Thailand and the Far East has had theirs before the USA and other countries get them. Going back to the Grom in the Hawaiian Islands, I assume a few surfers will try to design a rack or motorcycle trailer to carry their short surfboard, skimmer board and other equipment such as fishing gear, spear gear or even scuba gear. If I do get my Grom in San Jose Calif and all my mods on the MC work and the horse power is increased and work ok, then I would buy a second Grom and mod it in San Jose and send it to Hilo so that my brother or sister can store my Grom so when I go home on vacation I have a motorcycle to ride. I don't care about the Harley fad, I just need a MC so I can go to Spensor's gym or the farmers market in downtown Hilo or if I want to go swimming at 4 miles or what ever I have a mc to ride on

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
So I was searching for Grom stuff last night and found a video on the Ruck. Clicked on it and it was two girls and a guy in Hawaii (I think). They all rented Rucks and went on this pretty epic 24 hour adventure. Looked like total fun. Made me want a Ruck and made we want to go to Hi. Some day I'll get there.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I was searching for Grom stuff last night and found a video on the Ruck. Clicked on it and it was two girls and a guy in Hawaii (I think). They all rented Rucks and went on this pretty epic 24 hour adventure. Looked like total fun. Made me want a Ruck and made we want to go to Hi. Some day I'll get there.
post the link.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Look up Hawaiicon on youtube to see the ruckus events. I got to ride with those guys this year and it couldnt have been better!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Big Island checking in!
Yea I wish the super ferry was still here too, I always wanted to ride Maui. A circle island would be pretty sick on a grom. Don't think I would with a streetbike (on the side with the dirt road for miles an miles). Haleakala would be fun on a street bike tho.

·
Registered
457 Posts
so a buddy just got back from there for a race and had his bike shipped there and back for like 500 bucks, so maybe when we take a trip out there ill ship ms. grom with me and take her, never been there and want to take board as well. so ill need your local help with best wave spots.

1 - 20 of 196 Posts