Honda Grom banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up guys, this is my first post and gonna explain a little bit of my username haha. Wanted to rebuild my grom into a bobber brat style motorcycle, started by ordering fun things such as tank bars seat etc. when me and my buddy began the process we realized that the regular fuel injector piggy back system that goes into the bottom of the stock tank would not work for any custom motorcycle tank as these generally run to a petcock for a carborated motorcycle. So what the fuck do we do now we thought? A buddy of mine rebuilt his z125 (Kawasaki version) and completely cut out the bottom of his stock tank keeping all the electrical and plugs for his efi pump and welded it into the bottom of his cage tank. What came was this was a leaky tank however I’m now realizing how much time it saved him. We decided to... bare with me here and yes I am prepared to be scolded..... was to put an old school single carburetor on the grom. After months of searching manifolds and carburetors in all the knooks and crannys on the internet I finally found the parts to fit my lil 125 motor. We than removed the ecu. Tried starting it and everything worked still except for the ignition coil. Spark plug wasn’t firing. We than went for the hard rewiring of the entire bike removing unnecessary O2 sensors etc. talk about a slim down! Not sure if any of you guys have cut into your wiring harness but it is a nightmare. We now have it required and tried to start it for the first time in months. Starter works, the engine tried to starts and sucks air, but however, even though there is 12 volts running to the ignition coil, still know spark. We only have 1 power running to the ignition coil, the other prong would generally run to the ignition points of the motor, however we assumed the grom wouldn’t have ignition points since it’s such a new motorcycle. Does anyone know where the ignition points are or what we’re missing to rewire? Alternator wires runs to battery and rectifier, we have all the wires correctly running from battery to ignition to coil and starter, everything works except for the spark plug, don’t think it’s a faulty spark plug either. Would really appreciate some advice I’m ready to bash my head into a wall

·
Registered
2 Posts
You need the flywheel from a honda Innova, has a longer notch which will give you a better spark, reckon you were getting an almost constant but weak live feed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts