Honda Grom banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Step 1.
Clean up the rear of the bike, and get rid of that horrible Tail light/Turn Signal setup.
And replace with INTEGRATED TAIL LIGHT.

>> INTEGRATED TAIL LIGHT <<

·
Registered
885 Posts
Pretty neat! :)
I have a similar integrated tail light on my Grom and you're right about it being more ambiguous as the running lights stay on while the blinkers flash. Yours doesn't have that issue. A few of the individual leds look a little out of line with the others. If they are supported just by their two power supply wires it's likely they can be straightened to line up in their rows.

·
Vendor
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty neat! :)
I have a similar integrated tail light on my Grom and you're right about it being more ambiguous as the running lights stay on while the blinkers flash. Yours doesn't have that issue. A few of the individual leds look a little out of line with the others. If they are supported just by their two power supply wires it's likely they can be straightened to line up in their rows.

In person they are even and equally spaced.
But, yea... on camera from different angles it looks like they are slightly irregular spaced.

·
Registered
885 Posts
It must be the multiple lenses molded into the plastic. You might ask your manufacturer about this to see if they can delete the lenses. Mine has none so the leds look straight from any angle.

zRILZoF.jpg

Attachments

·
Vendor
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Actually it's one lens, but has those little square magnafiers on the lens that disperses the light. So you can see it better from all angles.
Kinda like a diffuser.

Attachments

·
Registered
885 Posts
Rather than squares, perhaps a single longitudinal lens for each row of leds would affect them all in same way... just a thought.
I know that in marketing, presentation is everything. All people can see is what appears on their screen.

·
Vendor
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Got tired of unbolting the damn seat, so found some scrap pieces of Alum. and tossed them on the lathe to make my own version of the HAND KNOB Seat Pins.
Not to shabby

Gives me plenty of material to Grab onto and get some good torque to keep them from coming loose.

Monkey 1.jpg Monkey 3.jpg Monkey 2.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts