Honda Grom banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to buy new handlebars but I'm not entirely sure which bars will fit on the grom.
If I'm not mistaken, I believe the bars are 7/8" in diameter and need 200mm on the bar ends to fit everything on?
Are there any other specs I should be aware of?

I want to buy these bad boys for me grom but I'm afraid to spend $$$ if they won't fit:
Riserless Squid Bars
Will these bars fit?

HALP ME PLZ THANX

·
Registered
26 Posts
I went with Renthal "Road Hi" bars. I'm highly satasfied with them. they are 7/8" diameter and there is no need for swapping out the risers. there is a youtube video on Grom bars. Do a search for it, it helped me to decide. one thing to remember.... the control housings have a pin that locates them and holds them in place on the bar. i had to drill the holes in the handle bars. not that difficult, you just have to lay it out first. measure once...... drill once. i hope this helps.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Drilling a hole in the new bars will be the most secure. But you can also grind off the tab on your controls if you don't want to drill your bars.

edit:
bars.jpg
Oh HELL no son, those aren't going to fit! Even if you did replace your mounting brackets, none of your cables are long enough to reach that high! To run those mo' fos, you will need a longer front brake line, new clutch cable and sheath, and longer wiring for all your controls (headlight hi/lo, turn signals, front brake wire, horn, kill switch). Are you sure you want to deal with all that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DARNIT I was worried about wiring the controls...thanks for clarifying kzam. A part of me thinks that it'll be worth it, but maybe I should just look for shorter bars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts