Honda Grom banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I asked for a handlebar from AliExpress, it turned out a bit bad, a thread passed and a screw broke inside, to pull it but a bonbilla lit up and I'm making a combo with a composite imitation handlebar, let's see if I don't have to Raise it so that it does not hit the wall (because getting it in Spain is very difficult to get it without leaving you an egg and part of the other), I await your opinions, when I have it ready I will put more photos

Attachments

·
Registered
984 Posts
I mounted my alloy clip on bars directly onto the fork tubes using extensions I made. :) I found some OG fork tube extenders, then machined them to fit onto the stock SF fork caps. This totally eliminates a mounting plate for a nice neat clean installation.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,527 Posts
How do you like it? Are you happy with the way it turned out?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,527 Posts
I'm glad it worked out for you

Reactions: Tonitxu

·
Administrator
942 Posts
Please keep us updated on how that Scott's replica damper holds up. I've seem them all over eBay but never one in person.

I am always intrigued by low cost alternatives, I used to run a "Chinesium" linear damper, and for the money, it performed as was expected.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have never used a stabilizer before, I am a novice in this regard, but in my country where I live there are old streets made of stones and when I passed the stabilizer for the first time my wrists sighed in relief if you want I put a photo of the street it has 21 clips I take it at 13 or 12 the other settings without touching The scoot sub I am in love if I could buy it I would but even Europe the price is proivitive. If you can, the scoot sub, if not the Chinese, the truth has surprised me for what I was looking for, it fits me perfectly

·
Administrator
942 Posts
Glad you are having a positive experience so far. Dampers are relatively simple items - I would just periodically inspect the unit for any signs of leaks. Ride safe.

Reactions: Tonitxu

·
Registered
40 Posts
I mounted my alloy clip on bars directly onto the fork tubes using extensions I made. :) I found some OG fork tube extenders, then machined them to fit onto the stock SF fork caps. This totally eliminates a mounting plate for a nice neat clean installation.

View attachment 88293
I really do like your setup. What type of clip ons are they? Is it a simple job to fit the OG extenders onto an SF fork? Are SF extenders readily available?

·
Registered
984 Posts
I really do like your setup. What type of clip ons are they? Is it a simple job to fit the OG extenders onto an SF fork? Are SF extenders readily available?
Og and SF forks are different designs so I adapted the OG extenders by machining off the bottoms and bolting on SF caps. I just did an image search to see if any parts are available, and the only relevant images are mine so I'm the only one who has ever done this on a Grom.

I did the same thing on my 300 by dropping the front end and bolting cilpons directly onto the fork tubes.

I really like the comfortable riding position with low bars as I'm not tall.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts