Honda Grom banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all my wife and I purchased two 2021 monkeys last fall. Great bikes tons of fun!! We are looking for handguards/ brush protectors anyone put some on their monkey? Not sure which ones will fit and offer some wind and brush pretection. Would be thankful for any advice.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
214 Posts
Just as a follow up, you can make most universal handguards work.

Personal recommendation would be a swap to aluminum bars while doing the modification since the steel stock bars will fold in with ease on a fall.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just as a follow up, you can make most universal handguards work.

Personal recommendation would be a swap to aluminum bars while doing the modification since the steel stock bars will fold in with ease on a fall.
Great idea I really didn't think about that. We are use to riding trail bikes and I can see what you mean those bars would bend easy. Any recommendations on bars with the same or a little higher rise?

·
Registered
214 Posts
The Zeta bars are supposed to be similar height but a little wider. They are pre drilled for the stock control pins but you can always clip them off and sand smooth and add something like a thin tape to the bar that will keep them from spinning should you go the universal bar route.

Takegawa makes an aluminum bar drilled already as well.

SP TAKEGAWA (Special Parts TAKEG : Aluminum Steering Handlebar Pipe [06-01-2511]

There are the aluminum bars that bolt into the stock triple clamp that fold down like the old Monkeys used to do. Usually around $300 for that setup.

U DOM KARNCHANG : FOLDABLE HANDLEBAR V2 [SKU-04993]

You could always seek out ProTaper fat bars of the ATV variety that are tall. Not sure they would as tall as the stock bars but they would be robust and not having a cross brace will keep gauge visibility good.

High version is almost 7" tall. With the spacers below that would get you near stock, I believe.

EVO Adventure Handlebars | EVO | Handlebars | ProTaper.com

If you do that then new 1 1/8" clamps are necessary. I believe they are specific and not your normal clamps due to the bolt size being an 8 vs 10 mm. Don't quote me on that but I believe that is what I saw.

These would add height for a fat bar:

https://www.drowsports.com/protaper-universal-solid-mount-kit-7-8-to-1-1-8-adapter

·
Registered
65 Posts
This is hilarious. I was just coming here to post the same question about guards. Someone read my mind. I was interested in them for wind deflection. The cold really seeps into my gloves with fall and late winter riding.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep I feel your pain. I live in montana. It was a balmy 34f yesterday, sun was out, roads were clear, couldn't resist! Fingers got a bit chilly for sure.🥶

·
Registered
214 Posts
Went on Webike Japan and got the Zeta guards. It's on a one month delay apparently and will ship Feb. 9th. They are available from Webike Thailand, but they don't take PayPal. The plastic deflectors seem to be more available from other sites, so I'll wait until I get the guards before ordering those.
ZETA : Adventure Armor Hand Guard [ZE72-6021]
Check Zeed Parts. They carry Zeta and ship fast to the states unless you purchase on their eBay store which can take months.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts