Honda Grom banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ha Ha! Good eye indeed, that is an early picture. Work in progress.

I have a shorty single finger lever on the clutch now and the brake lever is lower down.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Getting both levers to sit at the right angle, with the switch box, on clip-ons is always a big challenge.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Been running the Brembo 13mm with dominator clutch cap but find the lever feel very wooden without fine enough modulation, and the clutch lever is hard to reach.

Ordered a 12mm bore Magura HC1 with a Impakteck ez pull lever which works really well on my R6. Will stil use the fitting at the lower rear master to retain foot control.

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Test fitting the RSC clutch lever and the Magura HC1 brake master to replace the Dominator clutch cover lever and Brembo brake master

·
Registered
280 Posts
The RSC lever feels so nice, but the long lever blade is too long, so I ordered a shorty.

The Magura radial has a much better feel than the Brembo linear it replaced.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I was SO confused what the heck was going on with the gold lever, I had to Google the product to finally realize that it was a replacement master cylinder reservoir cap. Pretty cool

Reactions: Pard

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was SO confused what the heck was going on with the gold lever, I had to Google the product to finally realize that it was a replacement master cylinder reservoir cap. Pretty cool
It is confusing until you see it.

Great idea and great clutch lever but the brembo feels too wooden.

Here are some more shots from other angles.

·
Registered
280 Posts
If you have gone the aftermarket clutch perch route and wish to retain the clutch safety switch functionality, here is a hack I tried successfully on my Yamaha R6. On that bike, you can't just jump the wires or leave them open because it affects the functioning of the fuel map and the quickshifter, in addition to the known issues regarding starting in gear.

I will try it on the Grom one of these days, but for now, here is the fix used on my R6.

Pick up a switch like this:

Amazon.com: Cylewet 6Pcs V-153-1C25 Micro Limit Switch Long Straight Hinge Lever Arm SPDT Snap Action LOT for Arduino (Pack of 6) CYT1068: Industrial & Scientific

Bend the actuation tab to fit in the joint space of the lever hinge.

Plug OEM safety switch tabs on to the correct switch tabs for desired operation (open switch = clutch lever pulled in= neutral)

Double side tape switch body to underside of perch so that tab is properly located in joint.

Works just like an OEM switch and no need to mess with a toggle switch to actuate.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts