Honda Grom banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
someone sponsor me. Ill build a nitrous grom (and methanol). And a propane one. Thatd be fun to see what sort of power could be made with minimal emissions.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
KaBOOM and oil gushing like a Texas oil rig
The propane? I dont see why people think this stuff is so scary. It was the same thing when i worked at a place that made propane augers. You get a call from a service center with a question on something and they usually lead with 'well we dont have anyone here who knows how to do propane'. Theres nothing different. They both become basically gaseous when thrown into the cylinder.

Or is it the nitrous that is gonna go boom? because i could definitely see that happening.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'll head up to the crawl if you are willing to put up some money. You can build any motor combination you want as long as it has Grom cases. Let's run them for 1/2 mile and you can get any jockey to ride your bike. I will ride mine.
Why on earth would we run for 1/2 mile.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm more then open to the alternative fuel for more power thing. Sounds pretty cool. I highly doubt he is serious so I'm not gonna yank one of my motors to race him with a built 164. I have mad respect for anyone that is willing to go 100+ on a grom but don't knock what works for someone just cause you haven't tried it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The propane? I dont see why people think this stuff is so scary. It was the same thing when i worked at a place that made propane augers. You get a call from a service center with a question on something and they usually lead with 'well we dont have anyone here who knows how to do propane'. Theres nothing different. They both become basically gaseous when thrown into the cylinder.

Or is it the nitrous that is gonna go boom? because i could definitely see that happening.
You can build any motor to handle nitrous. How much and how long is a better question. That statement made was a 2v could not outrun his 4v never said for how long.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm more then open to the alternative fuel for more power thing. Sounds pretty cool. I highly doubt he is serious so I'm not gonna yank one of my motors to race him with a built 164. I have mad respect for anyone that is willing to go 100+ on a grom but don't knock what works for someone just cause you haven't tried it.

I'm very serious. You can run me with that 235 if you like. As far as the distance, We can run whatever distance you like. 1/4 mile is fine. The only condition is that we run for money/ I will go as low as $500.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts